PDA

View Full Version : Multicolor angel missing

Kaman8
08/08/2014, 10:22 PM
I bought a multicolor angel yesterday. Before I go to bed I looked to the tank and she was still there and hiding a little. This morning I jumped out of bed and went to see my new fish and I couldn't find it anywhere. I looked everywhere , every corner , every hole , every hiding places and I even looked on the floor ( in case it has jumped out ) . It is suddenly gone. If it is dead there should be a body, but there is no body.

KimP
08/08/2014, 10:52 PM
That sucks, sorry to hear :/ it's probably happened to all of us. I don't have any ideas, except you might have a super fast clean up crew. I hope everything's okay and your fish shows up again!

Kaman8
08/09/2014, 12:11 AM
That sucks, sorry to hear :/ it's probably happened to all of us. I don't have any ideas, except you might have a super fast clean up crew. I hope everything's okay and your fish shows up again!

I dont have hermit crabs and just have a few snails. I don't think my snails will eat fish. I don't have sump , so that mean it will not in the overflow. The only thing I can think is the haddoni carpet anemone. I will see if it will throw the bone out today or tomorrow.

It is defiantly sucks . It was such an expensive fish and I really like it.

Kearnel
08/09/2014, 07:08 AM
I've tried 3 bi color, not the same but none survived, I give up for good reason but to this day I can't understand why I couldn't keep them alive. First two I removed but 3rd just vanished. Pretty sure my lobster got him, BASTARD.

Kaman8
08/09/2014, 08:30 AM
I've tried 3 bi color, not the same but none survived, I give up for good reason but to this day I can't understand why I couldn't keep them alive. First two I removed but 3rd just vanished. Pretty sure my lobster got him, BASTARD.

This is the first time on me that there is a fish suddenly disappeared

Kearnel
08/09/2014, 08:35 AM
It's happened to me before, I had a couple fire fish vanish, not sure what drug was running through my system when I decided to buy them, they are to shy for my set up. Again I blame the lobster, seems to target fish that hide down low and at night. No more small fish for this guy.

Kearnel
08/09/2014, 08:39 AM
As long as your aquarium is established enough to the point it can handle the extra load of a decaying fish you got not much to worry about other than trying to understand why it happened in the first place. I've never figured out why my bi colors always died but the tank handled it like nothing happened, skimmer picked it up then settled down. It happens and it's annoying.

Kaman8
08/09/2014, 10:58 AM
As long as your aquarium is established enough to the point it can handle the extra load of a decaying fish you got not much to worry about other than trying to understand why it happened in the first place. I've never figured out why my bi colors always died but the tank handled it like nothing happened, skimmer picked it up then settled down. It happens and it's annoying.

I don't think it was dying by itself dead. I think the carpet ate my fish . The carpet have an expensive taste . :angryfire:

cherubfish pair
08/09/2014, 03:22 PM
It could be buried in your sand. Other fish could have eaten it's carcass. Don't be quick to blame the nem. The body could have also gone through a powerhead then eaten. I've had fish eaten within hours.

Whens the last time you've seen this fish eat? Chances are if it swam into the nem it was looking for food, angels are hard to feed. If it was healthy I don't think the nem could have caught it, they're good swimmers.

Kaman8
08/09/2014, 03:30 PM
It could be buried in your sand. Other fish could have eaten it's carcass. Don't be quick to blame the nem. The body could have also gone through a powerhead then eaten. I've had fish eaten within hours.

Whens the last time you've seen this fish eat? Chances are if it swam into the nem it was looking for food, angels are hard to feed. If it was healthy I don't think the nem could have caught it, they're good swimmers.

I just bought the fish yesterday and put the fish in the tank around 10 pm and keep the lights out for the rest of the day. Before I go to bed it was still there and the next morning it was gone.:headwally:

albano
08/09/2014, 03:33 PM
... The only thing I can think is the haddoni carpet anemone...

IMO, If it's not hiding, the carpet anemone did, what carpet anemones do...they eat fish!

Kaman8
08/10/2014, 02:11 AM

I am pretty sure it is nem now. Today he throw the bones back out of his mouth

snorvich
08/10/2014, 04:53 AM
IMO, If it's not hiding, the carpet anemone did, what carpet anemones do...they eat fish!

Exactly. And with more fish, more dinner.

AntiSatan
08/10/2014, 08:21 AM
How big of a tank do you have?
It may just be hiding.
If it is dead it is still in there some where you may have to move a couple pieces of rock to find it or try using a power head in hand blow around the base of your rocks in the nook and crannies and if its dead the current from the powerhead should blow it out to be removed.

KimP
08/10/2014, 11:58 AM
I am pretty sure it is nem now. Today he throw the bones back out of his mouth

Wow