PDA

View Full Version : RO Membrane Help

devildog12210
08/10/2014, 06:49 PM
I live on a well with extremely high TDS. I've been burning through resin like crazy. After researching a bit I just calculated this to dissolved CO2 that is often an issue with wells. After getting a different TDS meter I think the problem is my membrane. I'm getting 1480ppm coming in and 53ppm coming out. That comes out to around a 96% rejection rate roughly. I currently have a filmtec 98% rejection filter and obviously I'm not getting that. I have a booster pump and have around 80psi running through it.

Will your 99% membrane help me here or do I need to run everything through a second membrane and just deal with double waste water.

Just think that even after fixing this I still may have a CO2 issue. :rolleyes:

SpectraPure
08/11/2014, 09:50 AM
A 99% membrane may help you, but be aware that your feed water is outside specifications
http://spectrapure.com/AQUARIUM/MEMBRANES-FLOW-RESTRICTORS/Tested-RO-Membranes/NEW-99-percent-rejection-SpectraSelect-Plus-Tested-90-GPD-RO-Membrane

specifically:
Permeate flow and conductivity rejection based on 500 ppm, 77F (25C) softened water feed, 15% recovery and the specified applied pressure.

Working limits:
- Maximum temperature 113F (45c)
- pH range 2-11
- Free chlorine limits less than 0.1ppm
- Maximum feed water silt density index (SDI) 5

Note: Membranes must be matched with flow restrictors. Always change the flow restrictor when changing membrane size on your system.

What is your waste water rejection?
Pressure? other water conditions?
Have you used our simple CO2 test kit?
If you contact our technical service they can help identify the potential for your system.
bruce