PDA

View Full Version : Protein skimmer acting up/unknown fish loss

ReefKeep66
08/14/2014, 11:20 AM
Hello all, in the past few days I have noticed my cpr sr3 skimmer barely producing bubbles or foam. A week prior it was doing fine producing skimate on a daily basis. There have been a few changes in the tank though I feel might be related? Moved Moved my biocube this past Friday and everything was fine. All my livestock made it, and no one seemed to be really stressed out. 3 or 4 days after, I woke up to find my diamond goby and a green chromis dead. The chromis was stuck to the power head but as long as I've had them there was never a issue with it. But ive been wondering how how I lost 2 fish in one night. Never happened to me. Water parameters were on point besides my sl being 1.022 compared to the tanks usual 1.025. I honestly don't think that's what killed them. But after that the skimmer seemed to stop working. Since then I've took it out and inspected inspected it and everything seems fine. Pump is working, just not producing bubbles/foam even after trying to adjust it. I thought "maybe there's nothing for it to skim out" and after testing my water my nitrates have soared to 10 - 20ppm :eek: and ph was a little low at 8.1. Even after doing a couple 10% this past week nothing has been seemed to help and I'm not over feeding. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/14/4f0a2afa0924a43b60dca430ef825195.jpg Thanks in advance!

mcgyvr
08/14/2014, 03:34 PM
holy huge picture batman..