PDA

View Full Version : 80 gallon stocking and refugium question

kw22
08/19/2014, 02:04 PM
Hi,my name is Caoimhín and I am to to this forum!I am living in Ireland.I am going to be setting up a fowlr tank in the near future.It will be 49.5 x 20 x 18.5 (length,depth and height) I have so many fish I would love to add but most are recommended for a 5 foot or longer :/ I am limited and it is a custom in wall tank,and it is either this tank or nothing.My favourite fish,I would rate it 11/10 is the powder blue tang :inlove: I really really want one,and I know that I could exchange him for another younger fish every 2 years or so.Would this be cruel on the fish??He would be getting V.I.P treatment,which is the least such a beautiful fish deserves,and any fish for that matter.I am now considering tank mates for him,if I am able to have him,even if I need a new one every few months I'd do it and I am 100% sure I wont get an upgrade,I am being pushed to take down my 60 and 30 gallon freshwater and this will probably be my only tank apart from the 30 gallon if I'm lucky,so I want it to look great!What fish do you think would get along best with a powder blue tang if suitable?And even if I need a new one every 4 or 5 months,let me know.I like the look of fuzzy dwarf lionfish,zebra lionfish,regal tangs (new tang every year or 2 if I get one),all of the butterfly species and tomato clownfish.If I am looking at a fish stew,what would you put in this tank?And what types of algae are best in refugiums and should I only get one type or do I mix different kinds?If anybody has the nerves to answer all these questions I would be so greatful,I am trying to keep it as condensed as possible and am not wanting to open loads of threads! :) :)