PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy BTA

Mhay
08/20/2014, 03:14 PM
I have 2 BTA that I recently acquired. One of which has found the general area it likes, will occasional change what hole he wants to poke out of. And the other hasn’t had such great luck. For a week he would move around the tank and balloon to find a new spot. I would try and move him to a spot I think he would like, would stay there a day and he would move again. He would always end up in the same exact spot. The back left corner of the tank, on the glass, at the water line. I have no clue what is going on and what I can do to help the little guy. I am going to try and move him to another place that has some nice deep cracks to it and hope for the best. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to help or why he is doing what he is doing when the other is doing so well?

edsbeaker
08/21/2014, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately, you can't force him to stay where he isn't happy. He will just keep moving where he wants to be.

I have found, though, that mine tend to stay put when I provide them a rock or group of rocks that form a small crevice so that they can get there foot tightly attached inside and can then retreat when they want to and extend their tentacles when they choose. This way they can choose how much light and flow they are getting and are more likely to stay put.

So if you haven't provided this type of spot, you might want to give it a try.