PDA

View Full Version : RODI Filters

Dline Bullyz
08/23/2014, 11:30 PM
What makes one RODI unit better then another? They all look like canisters connected with tubing and John Guest fittings. Why would I pay $250 for a 5 stage that looks identical to a $100 5 stage and the same GPD?

Another question. Are filter replacements universal? I mean if the units are the same size, are filters interchangable?

Arrgh
08/23/2014, 11:33 PM
Probably not, but I found the Spectrapure unit to be reasonably priced and well reviewed so I did not have to make that decision.

Question 2, for the most part yes, if it is the standard size. Not positive about the membranes.

Dline Bullyz
08/23/2014, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the info.....

ThaBeast
08/24/2014, 01:10 AM
For the most part yes the filters are universal. However, the least expensive units have lower grade canisters. Having used many different brands of filters, I highly recommend just buying a Spectrapure

azjohnny
08/24/2014, 02:37 AM
I also agree with buying Spectrapure. There is a huge difference between membranes and replacement filters. I have had some very poor filters before I bought my Spectrapure Maxcap. Some will only last a couple hundred gallons before they have to be replaced

Legalreefing
08/24/2014, 04:36 AM
I like my BRS one. Super easy to use and replacement filters are easy to order. Came with TDS meter and flush valve. Couldn't be happier with thir product

billdogg
08/24/2014, 06:45 AM
Got mine from www.buckeyehydro.com Couldn't be happier with the unit itself or the price, their service is the best.

Outrigger Reef
08/24/2014, 07:42 AM
got mine from www.buckeyehydro.com couldn't be happier with the unit itself or the price, their service is the best.

+1^^^^^^^

mcgyvr
08/24/2014, 07:50 AM
spectrapure/buckeye/brs/airwaterice
all make great units.. prices are very similar.. just look at what accessories come with them..
asov valve/dual tds meter,etc.. all nice stuff to have.

billdogg
08/24/2014, 08:32 AM
FWIW - BuckeyeHydro will custom make your unit to fit your needs. I wanted to mount mine in the basement but still have water to the refrigerator for water and ice. I thought I knew what I needed, but had a few questions. I emailed BuckeyeHydro about 9AM on a Saturday morning, expecting a response sometime the following week. About 10:30, Russ called me. We spent about 45 minutes on the phone. In the end, he sold me a custom assembled unit that was less than half the cost of what I thought I needed and had it to my door by Tuesday. I had more questions when I went to hook it up, so I gave them a call - they talked me through it in short order.

Great product at a great price, and they actually down-sold me when they could easily have made more than double the profit (and I would have never known the difference).

It made the answer pretty simple for me.

Dline Bullyz
08/24/2014, 08:45 AM
This is all great info. Thanks to too.....