PDA

View Full Version : Bayer - Ever have any Problems in the Tank after Dipping - Leftover Desidue on Coral?

that Fish Guy
08/24/2014, 09:19 PM
With the Bayer Coral Dip has anyone ever have any Problems in the Tank after Dipping Corals from Leftover Desidue on the Dipped Coral?

I am very very worried about getting Insecticide in my Main System and having the Tank Crash.

With Revive I Dip the Coral and them Leave it in a Cup of Saltwater for 5 Minutes to get any Revive Residue off the Coral before putting it back into the Main Display Tank.

But Revive is said to be all natural and I have done this many many times already with no ill effects.

But I am very worried about using Bayer Insecticide for this reason.

I plan on Dipping in the Bayer and then Dipping the Coral again a Half Dozen or so Times after that in just Saltwater to make sure no Residue is Left on the Coral.

Am I making a Big Deal out of this and being Overly Paranoid?

What do you guys do with your Coral right after you Dip in Bayer?

scottwhitson
08/24/2014, 09:24 PM
I usually rinse in two separate clean saltwater tanks.

MBMAX
08/24/2014, 09:48 PM
I usually rinse in two separate clean saltwater tanks.

I do the same and no problem so far.

HiFidelity
08/25/2014, 02:16 AM
I've dipped a lot of corals in Bayer, it woks great and yes you want to slosh the coral in a container of tank water after the dip.

This is where things went bad, at one point I had a piece of rock that had coral encrusted on half of it so I decided to dip the whole thing, all went fine and I rinsed it in clean saltwater for a few minutes after then into the tank it went. Next 24 hours all pods, most of my hermits, snails and tiny inverts were dead. Moral of the story, if it's bigger than a frag stay away from Bayer, it soaks into the rock then wreaks havoc on inverts after.

ganjero
08/25/2014, 03:17 PM
I usually dip in bayer, then in revive to remove the bayer and help the corals with the stress caused by the pesticide (this is not supported by scientific studies, just what I do) and then in clean saltwater.