PDA

View Full Version : Jeboa RW-4 in 75 gallon?

greenskull
08/25/2014, 06:34 PM
My WP-25 wavemaker pump just died after a year in my 75 gallon tank and I just discovered Jeboa came out with some new wavemakers, with the RW-8 being an upgrade replacement to the WP-25.
I actually found the WP-25 a bit too strong for my tank with it being densely packed with soft corals and large polyp stonies.... I always ended up pointing it upwards and at the lowest possible settings to keep things from getting hammered.
Well, I'm leaning towards the smaller model down this time around and so I can run at various speeds like "Else Mode". What do you guys think of a RW-4 in a standard 75 gallon? In the meantime I've tried a Maxi-Jet 1200 with the propeller and it was even a bit to strong unless I pointed it up. That's what made me think I could get by with the RW-4. Please share your thoughts, thanks!

jvr1102
08/25/2014, 07:02 PM
My WP-25 wavemaker pump just died after a year in my 75 gallon tank and I just discovered Jeboa came out with some new wavemakers, with the RW-8 being an upgrade replacement to the WP-25.
I actually found the WP-25 a bit too strong for my tank with it being densely packed with soft corals and large polyp stonies.... I always ended up pointing it upwards and at the lowest possible settings to keep things from getting hammered.
Well, I'm leaning towards the smaller model down this time around and so I can run at various speeds like "Else Mode". What do you guys think of a RW-4 in a standard 75 gallon? In the meantime I've tried a Maxi-Jet 1200 with the propeller and it was even a bit to strong unless I pointed it up. That's what made me think I could get by with the RW-4. Please share your thoughts, thanks!

RW-8 would be a better option. You can power it down from 10%-100%. I have a 90 which is almost the same dimensions as you, I ordered 2 RW-8 and will power them down to about 50% depending on my sand and if it blows around.....

greenskull
08/25/2014, 07:05 PM
Are you using a voltage controller to reduce it down? I'd really like to use "Else Mode", but I think there is no power control over that.

jvr1102
08/25/2014, 07:35 PM
From what I read these new units have a power control on all modes....Maybe I am wrong but I don't think so.

greenskull
08/25/2014, 07:55 PM
From what I read these new units have a power control on all modes....Maybe I am wrong but I don't think so.

I've just checked some ads and they say Else (random) mode is not regulated.... a damn shame, 'cause that would be perfect! That's why I'm thinking to go with smaller model instead having to buy an additional voltage controller.