PDA

View Full Version : Shutting down 20G long, moving fish to 150G

Washout
08/26/2014, 10:13 AM
I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I have decided to shut down my 20G long and I plan to do it slowly over a couple months until my 2 month old 150g tank becomes more mature. My plan is to transition all the live stock into the new tank. However I have 5 questions about this.

1. Both tanks have a Lawnmower Blenny. Is a 4 foot 150 gallon big enough to house 2? Or will 1 eventually be killed off.
2. Both tanks have a pair of tank bred ocellaris clowns, basically same question as above.
3. In the 20g I have a big blood shrimp. I want to put a flame hawkfish into the big tank. Will the blood shrimp be doomed? The only other carnivorous fish I have in the 150g is a Copperband Butterfly.
4. Main reason why I am doing it slowly is because I have a RBTA, and I want to give my new tank as much time as possible to establish itself before moving the RBTA over. How long is recommended before I move the RBTA over? (it is very healthy).
5. I also have a diamond watchman goby in my 20g and a Sleeper Banded Goby in my 150g. Are they destined to fight?

I shouldn't have a problem finding a home for the livestock if you think it wouldn't work, but I would like to keep them if possible.

Thanks!

kw22
08/26/2014, 10:40 AM
Your gobies should be okay once you have enough caves and rockwork.

You will need a larger tank for 2 LM blennies,as they eat algae film from your rocks and there probably won't be enough for two.

The flame hawkfish is not a fish I would keep with shrimp.If you really want one get the smallest you can,and hope for the best.

Good Luck :)

pyithar
08/26/2014, 11:34 AM
Your gobies should be okay once you have enough caves and rockwork.

You will need a larger tank for 2 LM blennies,as they eat algae film from your rocks and there probably won't be enough for two.

The flame hawkfish is not a fish I would keep with shrimp.If you really want one get the smallest you can,and hope for the best.

Good Luck :)

+1. your LMBs will fight. hawkfish will eat the shrimp. and 2 pairs of clowns won't work in 150G for long term.