PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade/Timeline Advice

Wrightflyer2
08/26/2014, 11:51 AM
I need some advice on a timeline for steps to upgrade to a larger tank...
I've been running the setup (below) for around 2 months...the animals (chromis, crabs and snails were added about 2 weeks ago - also the kenya tree...everything else hitchhiked). **my plan is to have a single tank with a combo sump refuge** Some time ago I was asked to store a bunch of salt equipment for a friend, he came back for some of it and left the rest for me, which in turn was buried in the attic until a recent cleaning spree...what I found was an overflow box with a single drain (1/2" maybe) and essentially all the bio material for a sump, plus a single 10 gallon that looked like it was used for a sump at one point..(but it's gonna need to be resealed).

I'm thinking the transition will be from the 30 gallon to the 75 gallon tank with the simplest fowlr setup.

:hmm1:
Should I let the current tank cycle longer?
What steps should I take first in the transition..?
I'm not in a hurry, just thinking ahead to what's next!

Tanks available 2 75's, a couple 30's and two 20's and one or two 10 gallons

Current setup
30 Gal standard, 4" dsb with top layer of crushed coral, 2 Chromis, assortment of cleaner crew crab and snails, a lone peppermint shrimp, various hitchhikers and around 30+lbs of live rock...a Palm tree Polyp, Kenya tree, and mushroom...
Temp : 78.2
pH : 8.0-8.2 (learning to interpret the color chart)
Ammonia : 0
Nitrite : 0
Nitrate : 5-10 (working on feeding a bit less and doing more water changes)

I really do appreciate any advice!