PDA

View Full Version : garf

ardsman
08/27/2014, 09:41 PM
Anyone ever used their "bag o bugs" are they any good? just wondering if it is worth ordering.

Fish Biscuit
08/28/2014, 08:13 AM
No but I used Doc's Eco Matter & added 2 pouches after my tank was done cycling. Just make sure to keep them refrigerated & use by the date.

ardsman
08/28/2014, 08:49 AM
thanks! and I love your quote!

PD Monkey
10/29/2014, 04:28 PM
Did you buy the bag o bugs?

I finished cycling my tank and I love seeing all the little things (hitchhikers). I don't really have to many in my tank. I would love to introduce a bag of them. I'm guessing it would only do "good" to add this stuff??

Redman88
10/29/2014, 05:00 PM
i want to buy from them, but i haven't found anything on there web site that is less the 3 years old

Eric Boerner
10/29/2014, 05:56 PM
I read a few weeks ago that someone bought some grunge from them. So they are still doing business.

Reef Nutrition sells all the various live pods that you can dream of though. I'd go that route instead. You can pick them up from pretty much any online retail, or from a local LFS.

toothybugs
10/29/2014, 07:54 PM
I got all my stuff from them over the years. Lately, since Leroy passed, the Bag o Bugs was the best thing I got since the Grunge seems to have gone from "pretty stinkin awesome" 5 or 6 years ago to "good source of fuge rubble" now. All in all I was happy with the prices for what I got, but I wouldn't use all Grunge to start a tank or anything. It does make for some nice extra decor, however, and I'll probably give them business again.

That said, with a little homework there are seemingly better alternatives out there. I just haven't used the other guys' stuff yet to give you a valid "this guy is better" story.

Xavibear
10/29/2014, 08:39 PM
Check out ipsf.com. They have a good starter package.

ardsman
10/29/2014, 10:05 PM
Did you buy the bag o bugs?

I finished cycling my tank and I love seeing all the little things (hitchhikers). I don't really have to many in my tank. I would love to introduce a bag of them. I'm guessing it would only do "good" to add this stuff??

yes I did and it was very disappointing, everything in the bag was dead when it arrived, would not recommend it.

Pomacanthus1
10/30/2014, 12:14 AM
Ha, that website is a blast from the past! Looks like they have some very reasonable prices on snails and hermits, though. Looking at the bag o bugs, it doesn't seem like it has anything you wouldn't get that comes on good live rock.

Eric Boerner
10/30/2014, 02:36 PM
yes I did and it was very disappointing, everything in the bag was dead when it arrived, would not recommend it.

I would not buy pods from anyone that ships 2 shipping.