PDA

View Full Version : Seperating killer corals

aleok
08/28/2014, 06:55 PM
I have a Chalice, Acro, and War Coral(?) fighting each other and the War coral is winning. The Acro's base is already dead, but continues to grow up and away. The Chalice's growth near the War has hindered and is showing skeleton.

Obviously I like the Chalice and Acro the best, the War Coral frag was only $5. The Acro would be easiest to move, but I likes its placement. The chalice couldn't be moved without killing it, along with most of the War. What would you guys do?

droth335
08/28/2014, 08:01 PM
I agree the acro would be the easiest to move and might be a good start. Since the base is already dead you may as well move it now. It looks like you might be able to move or at least frag a good portion of the chalice too but hard to say from the pic. Short of that not sure what you could do if you want to keep them all.

aleok
08/29/2014, 02:58 PM
Yeah, but I don't have any place to move the Acro or chalice. The War, which i'm not too fond of, I'd move behind a rock that's only visible from the side.

NastyZ
08/29/2014, 03:23 PM
You could move the mummy eye it will move likely break but it will live but you could possibly take a big chunk of the favia and move that then scrape the rest of it off or Kalk paste it or reef puddy over it that mummy eye is going to keep encrusting tho and eventually get to the acro and will likely kill it aswell they have long sweeping tentacles at night

CuzzA
08/29/2014, 06:20 PM
Cut the acro off the rock, glue a taller chunk of rock in its place and glue the acro on the new rock. Reef building. ;-) As for the chalice and favia... I don't know... Put a rock in between or cut them both back and repeat in the future.