PDA

View Full Version : Jebao RW8

pbft_90
08/30/2014, 09:15 PM
Got my new jebao rw8s today and I don't know how I lived with cheap-o sicce pumps before. Couple things I wanted to discuss:
1). As far as "night mode" goes and the photoreceptor is concerned, will it turn on and off night mode on it's own? I had to select night mode though the tank lights and sump lights were off. Also, I feel like the night mode is every bit as powerful if not maybe more since it's just regular "On" mode basicly. Is this normal or do I need to turn something down?
2). One of the pumps keeps seizing if I touch the blade it kicks back on. Any suggestions on how to rectify this?
3). Just an overall assessment on it's power and immediate reaction from my sps, clam, and softies was pretty impressive not to mention the fish are having fun dancing around in the waves.
4). Only spilled a little water over board playing around... Ooops!

That's all I got so far in 12 hours.

pbft_90
08/31/2014, 06:08 AM
Follow up: ok I figured out why the photoreceptor didn't change automatically but still need to figure out the night mode power I had a few pieces burried this morning had a bit of a sand dune built last night.

Indymann99
08/31/2014, 11:33 AM
I have 2x RW-8's coming this week. Hoping to replace 4x Koralia pumps currently in my 120g.

May also DIY up a control cable to my APEX.

pbft_90
08/31/2014, 12:29 PM
I think you should easily be able to replace those. I'm only running at 30% power and the waves are crashing pretty strong on a 60g.

ZON
08/31/2014, 12:32 PM
You must clean often for best performance..;-)

GroktheCube
08/31/2014, 01:15 PM
2 RW-8s should easily do it.

In my 120, I have two RW 15s running at 20-30% that I'm planning on switching for RW 8s. Any more than 30%, and my Galaxea that I have near the end of the tank starts to get mad.

mathman7728
09/03/2014, 09:05 PM
any idea what DT thickness the various Jebao wireless powerbeads are rated. I have 3/4" thick acrylic on a 4ft x 3ft x 2ft DT

reefgeezer
09/03/2014, 10:13 PM
I have two RW8's... I thought. They move a lot of water but IME not to the extent people are describing in many threads. Maybe I bought RW4's... but they sure look like RW8's. :fun2:

Don't misread this. I love the pumps. However, while I can't run them both on constant at full power, I can run one in Else Mode and one in W1. In my 75 gallon bare bottom tank this moves a lot of water but doesn't blow things around or make waves that crash over the side of the tank. I can generate about a ~1" wave when I get both pumps running in wave mode (when they are clean). I simply can't imagine them being to powerful for a 5' or 6' tank.