PDA

View Full Version : Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King Club

AquariumSpecialty
09/02/2014, 10:51 AM
Aquarium Specialty is starting a new club thread for the Royal Exclusiv product line on the Aquarium Specialty sponsor forum. Our hope is to help customers with any questions or advice needed in navigating Royal Exclusiv's extensive product line including items such Bubble King skimmers, Dreambox sumps, Dreambox Reactors, Red Dragon Pumps and more.

We are also pleased to announce that we will have Klaus Jansen, the owner of Royal Exclusiv, joining our discussions from time to time to help with any questions you may have that we may not be able to answer directly.

Aquarium Specialty has carried Royal Exclusiv products for over 8 years, longer than any other company in the US, and we are excited to have Klaus here on our forum thread. The Royal Exclusiv product line is sold to retail customers through Aquarium Specialty while Aqua Specialty Wholesale distributes Royal Exclusiv products to retail stores, public aquariums and qualifying service/installation companies.

With nearly 400 Royal Exclusiv products and replacement parts (and growing) listed on our website, Aquarium Specialty is committed to making your Royal Exclusiv experience exceptional!

As some of you already know, Royal Exclusiv's headquarters and production facility is in Cologne, Germany. As of last month Royal Exclusiv, has opened a Florida distribution center online to better service it's customers in North America. The Florida center is now operational and many of the most popular skimmers, pumps and reactors are available in the US with much faster shipping times than in the past. As the year progresses, Royal Exclusiv will be stocking more and more items in the Florida facility such as Dreambox filter sumps, more models of protein skimmers, accessories and parts.

We are currently in the process of tweaking some of the lead times on our website to reflect the inventory that we have in our warehouse, as well as inventory that is currently housed in the Florida distribution center. If you are looking at a product on our website and the lead times are anything other than "same day shipping" or 3-5 day shipping then that means the item in question will have to to be ordered from Germany. If an item is being ordered in from Germany, you will need to plan on at least a few weeks lead time for the items to be imported into the US. We expect to have all of our USA lead time updated by the end of the day.

Murderface
09/02/2014, 10:44 PM
Royal Exclusiv is frikin AWESOME!! Just picked up my first at MACNA this past weekend. I purchased a RE double cone 200 with rd3 speedy. I spoke with Mathius a lot about the line as well as the other members of the RE crew. Their customer service is second to none. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I look forward to reading more words of praise for RE. Awesome to deal with!

AquariumSpecialty
09/04/2014, 11:42 AM
Royal Exclusiv is frikin AWESOME!! Just picked up my first at MACNA this past weekend. I purchased a RE double cone 200 with rd3 speedy. I spoke with Mathius a lot about the line as well as the other members of the RE crew. Their customer service is second to none. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I look forward to reading more words of praise for RE. Awesome to deal with!

Glad to hear it and thanks for chiming in!

AquariumSpecialty
10/02/2014, 04:27 PM
We would like to hear from anyone using the Red Dragon Speedy 50 watt & 80 watt pump to see what you think of these brushless DC pumps.

Thanks,

AquariumSpecialty
10/13/2014, 10:22 AM
Looking for a Bubble King Double Cone 200 or 250 skimmer with RD3 pump? Aquarium Specialty just received a stock order for these along with the RD3 Speedy 80 watt with 1-10 volt interface connection. We also have the regular Speedy 80W DC pump and 50W Speedy pumps in stock.

The 80 watt 1-10v interfaces are in transit to us and they will likely be here tomorrow.

Bubble King Skimmers

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/protein-skimmers/internal-skimmers/bubble-king-internal-skimmers

Red Dragon Pumps

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/wave-makers/pumps/red-dragon-pumps/red-dragon-pumps

Thank you,

reefkeeper2
10/20/2014, 06:54 PM
Any news as to when we can expect the new 230watt model to come out?

AquariumSpecialty
10/23/2014, 02:30 PM
Any news as to when we can expect the new 230watt model to come out?

I will inquire. Hopefully I will be speaking with one of the managing partners in a few minutes about some other issues and I will bring this up during our call and let you know.

As it relates to Royal Exclusiv, we just received in more Speedy 80 watt pumps and Double Cone 180 skimmers today.

AquariumSpecialty
11/18/2014, 08:52 AM
If anyone is looking to get a great deal on some Royal Exclusiv products, we are running a 20% Off Sale on select Royal Exclusiv products until 11/24.

Here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vqJvclYGk&list=UUqrYDlnTEVtLAm7d3M_jHoA

Items include the following:
Speedy 50w, 80w and 80w 1-10v
http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/wave-makers/pumps/red-dragon-pumps/red-dragon-pumps

Bubble King Double Cone 150, 180, 200 and 250 (with RD3 Speedy pumps)
Bubble King SuperMarin 200 & 250 (with RD3 Speedy pumps)
http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/protein-skimmers/internal-skimmers/bubble-king-internal-skimmers

Products are in stock and ready to ship. All items also qualify for free shipping in the lower 48 US States!

AquariumSpecialty
11/20/2014, 01:30 PM
Only a few more days left to take advantage of our 20% off sale on Double Cone + RD3 Skimmers and Red Dragon 3 return pumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vqJvclYGk&list=UUqrYDlnTEVtLAm7d3M_jHoA

reefkeeper2
11/20/2014, 07:17 PM
Any word on the 230w DC pumps?

Klaus Jansen
11/22/2014, 01:18 PM
The first RD3 Speedys, 230 Watt are under production and coming soon on the market, maybe December/January/2015 to USA....

We change any Parts and the Software. The 10 volt connection for Apex and GHL is now serial and the webserver is now integrated on the PCB-Card.

Currently the pump is in the approval for VDE/UL and EMV-Test. The performance was again increased from 19.000 to 20,000 liters/h (5260 gallons)

best regards ... Klaus

reefkeeper2
11/22/2014, 04:05 PM
Sounds impressive. I need 1300gal at 5 meters of head. Looks like it should be able to handle it.

SHUMALA
03/05/2015, 06:22 AM
Hi guys,

I've recently purchased my BK Double Cone 200 w/ RD3 pump and have been using it for 3 weeks now. But all I can say is that for me, it isn't set and forget... I could really use some help at this point to figure this skimmer out. I've been in the hobby on and off for about 15+ years now and have used many skimmers from ghetto air stone driven ones back in college to now finally a BK, so I don't consider myself a rookie in setting up a skimmer to skim properly.

Basically, the skimmer either doesn't skim into the waste collection cup, or it overflows. Let me explain further. I use either the RD3 pump speed and the outlet valve to regulate the water height and foam head. If I turn the pump too high (anything above 60%), and close the outlet by more than 1/2, then after I do a feeding, or if I do maintenance and turn off, then turn back on the skimmer, it WILL overflow 100% of the time.
If I dial the pump back to below 50% and the outlet wide open, then I don't get any skimmate into the collection cup. Depending on the day, it skims to around 1/2 up the cup neck only, or less.
But sometimes, if I fine tune to close the outlet by even a 2mm turn of the knob, it can mean the difference between not skimming into the cup, and overflowing within 30 seconds.

I don't think I've ever had a 24hr period of consistent good skimming. The only time I do get decent skimming is on a weekend, when I can sit next to the tank for 12 hours tinkering with the skimmer full time.

Any help appreciated in terms of experience on this line of skimmer, and what parameters you set your skimmer at.

My tank is ~80G net water volume (including sump). I am running Bio Pellets with the outflow next to the RD3 skimmer pump.

I could be doing something wrong since I've never used a DC speed adjustable pump on a skimmer before. I've went to R.E. for best practices and advice on what parameters to use base on their experience, and they basically gave me the brush off. I was told by their customer service that because the pump looked to be working fine, there's nothing they can do. I should contact my dealer for help instead. This is funny because I thought if there was a warranty issue, I should be directed to the dealer to fix/swap the parts, but for help on usability and best practices, I thought the makers of the product, who would have countless hours of experience of testing it thoroughly, would generally be happy to help...

Here are some pictures:

Skimmer pump at 60%, return valve at 50% closed, bubbles 1/4 up the neck of the cup: (notice how dirty the neck is, it was only cleaned 72 hours ago, but because the skimmer does not skim out of the cup, all the dirty stuff stayed in the neck)

Skimmer pump at 60%, return valve at 75% closed, bubbles 3/4 up the neck of the cup, but still nothing gets into the collection cup.

The finally, I keep the Skimmer pump at 60%, return valve at 85% closed, MASSIVE OVERFLOW!!

And then there's this below. This morning, the skimmer wasn't skimming anything 1/2 thru the collection cup's neck, so before I left for the office, I turned the knob by a fraction of an inch. 12 hours later, I come back to this:
(notice how by the time I got home, the skimmate is only reaching 1/2 way up the cup's neck)

Any suggestions / help appreciated!

AquariumSpecialty
08/06/2015, 09:01 AM
Royal Exclusiv Dreambox customers. Show us your setup. Here's a mind blowing setup...

Part1
http://aquariumspecialty.com/blog/wet-work-reef-924/

Part2
http://aquariumspecialty.com/blog/wet-work-reef-924-continued/

BRT2011
08/25/2015, 01:15 PM
Hi Scott,
Do you have any resonator for the deluxe 300 in stock? Item number 293. Thanks!

AquariumSpecialty
08/25/2015, 01:28 PM
http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/parts-plumbing/parts-accessories/royal-exclusiv-resonators

These are ordered in from Germany. You won't find a dealer or distributor that has this part in stock. It's something we might only sell one of every couple of years or so.

BRT2011
08/27/2015, 01:32 PM
Thanks Scott! I've checked the link to the store you've provided.....seems like the two items on there are smaller than what I needed. Can you please help to find out info on the single resonator for a 63mm torque tube? Thank you!

AquariumSpecialty
08/27/2015, 01:48 PM
There are only 2 resonator options on the Royal Exclusiv website and we have them both listed on Aquarium Specialty. I will need to reach out to them in Germany and get back to you.

Thanks,

BRT2011
08/27/2015, 02:33 PM
Thank you! I had the item sitting in my shopping cart waiting to be checked out but I'm afraid it will not fit my skimmer so will definitely waiting to hear from you. Thanks again!

AquariumSpecialty
08/27/2015, 02:43 PM
I should know something tomorrow. They are in Germany...