PDA

View Full Version : Marco rocks?

jcato
09/02/2014, 04:44 PM
Has anyone other than me had problems with marco rocks? I placed an order of sand last week and it arrived friday damaged with half the sand gone! I have left him a voice mail and sent three emails with no response.

R_Hudson
09/02/2014, 04:53 PM
I ordered a box of rocks from them years ago for my last tank with no issues. I'd order from them again if I ever set up another tank!

jcato
09/02/2014, 04:59 PM
I have also ordered from them in the past and have never had anything but positive experiences, thats why im curious if anyone else knows whats going on.

slipknot23
09/02/2014, 05:00 PM
I have marco rocks in my tank and have no problems at all its good rock for the $$$

moses13
09/02/2014, 05:33 PM
Sounds more like a delivery issue. UPS?

jcato
09/02/2014, 05:37 PM
no its a customer service issue by not responding to emails and voice mails!

shipper will be the one responsible for filing any type of claim.

rustyjames
09/02/2014, 08:31 PM
Sounds more like a delivery issue. UPS?

+1. Plus it was a holiday weekend. Give them a day.

jcato
09/03/2014, 06:51 AM
Not a delivery problem as it was delivered in friday! Im gonna give him till the end of the day and then im gonna file a claim with my credit card company.

slipknot23
09/03/2014, 09:51 AM
arrived friday damaged with half the sand gone - that would be a delivery problem and you need to file a claim with the shipper

E_Aquatics
09/03/2014, 10:04 AM
I send them an email last week and still no respond. They might be away due to the holiday weekend that just pass and MACNA. Give them a day or two and see if they reply

KSU_WILDCAT
09/03/2014, 10:43 AM
I know for a fact they were at MACNA b/c I talked to both of them. I would give them a break. I also bought 100 lbs of their rock too. It's being rinsed as I type.

jcato
09/03/2014, 11:58 AM
It appears the problem is that they do not monitor the customer service email link in there website, i used the one on the paypal resolution site and got an immediate response!

Definitely not a way to run a business.

VonUberReefer
09/03/2014, 12:29 PM
Good to know

jcato
09/03/2014, 01:33 PM
Not gonna get into details of what the final outcome was but i will say that i will never order from them agian! I have ordered alot in the past and like everyone else never had a problem until now.

Zalick
09/03/2014, 01:46 PM
Not gonna get into details of what the final outcome was but i will say that i will never order from them agian! I have ordered alot in the past and like everyone else never had a problem until now.

If you paid with a credit card, you have very strong protections. You can challenge the charge very easily and the credit card will go to bat for you. Even if the problem is with UPS/FedEx/USPS, you still challenge the charge.

You are not in privity of contract with the carrier, so cannot file a claim with them. Marco Rocks is the only one with privity of contract with the carrier and must file the claim on your behalf. This assumes the damage was caused by the carrier.

If the box was indeed damaged with half the sand missing, I highly suggest you take the steps above and challenge the charge. Its not your fault and the carrier should cover the loss via a claim through Marco. You should not bear any burden on this.

PM me if you have other questions or want a more detailed explanation.

igot2gats
09/03/2014, 01:56 PM

So, if you've ordered in the past, and haven't had a problem...and this seems to be the first problem....why not give them another shot?

I understand what happened. But mistakes also happen.

I'm just surprised you'd be willing to just ditch them after one mistake.

jcato
09/03/2014, 01:58 PM
Yes zalick thats why i was trying to figure out why everyone says its a delivery problem! Ive been thru the shipping ordeal in the past and the only one that can file a claim is the shipper. I did pay thru paypal and im going thru a process with them at the moment.

John

jcato
09/03/2014, 02:02 PM
Yea mistakes happen and i have no problem with that, the problem is how they are handling the customer service side if the purchase.

GreshamH
09/03/2014, 02:29 PM
FWIW it was MACNA weekend and anyone from MR that could respond, was at the event.

jcato
09/03/2014, 02:50 PM
That was never one of the excuses i got from them!

Zalick
09/03/2014, 02:55 PM
So, if you've ordered in the past, and haven't had a problem...and this seems to be the first problem....why not give them another shot?

I understand what happened. But mistakes also happen.

I'm just surprised you'd be willing to just ditch them after one mistake.

It seems like the response time was not the issue but rather the solution they offered was less than making him whole for the damaged shipment. I may be wrong. If its only the response time, and they offered to send a replacement for the lost sand, I would definitely give them another shot. I've ordered from Marco a few times and had good experiences. Never had to deal with damaged goods though.

jcato
09/03/2014, 03:01 PM
Yes you are correct zalick, and there wont be any replacement sand!

John