PDA

View Full Version : Reeflink setup programme fail

GPHowell
09/03/2014, 01:58 PM
I have purchased 2 x Radion light units and a ReefLink controller and I´m having all kinds of problems even doing the initial setup.

The Reeflink setup programme gives the following error when I try to run it (on 3 different computers, Win7 and Win8)... "Application validation did not suceed. Unable to continue."

I´ve installed the communications manager (that worked) and it seems to recognise the Reeflink via USB but most of the functions on the EcoSmart Live website (aqquarium setup etc) just give blank, unresponsive pages. I´ve updated the firmware on the Reeflink which has had no effect.

And that´s about as far as I can get. Not that impressed for the best part of 1000GBP.

Any ideas anyone?

G

EcoTech Support
09/03/2014, 06:51 PM
I have purchased 2 x Radion light units and a ReefLink controller and I´m having all kinds of problems even doing the initial setup.

The Reeflink setup programme gives the following error when I try to run it (on 3 different computers, Win7 and Win8)... "Application validation did not suceed. Unable to continue."

I´ve installed the communications manager (that worked) and it seems to recognise the Reeflink via USB but most of the functions on the EcoSmart Live website (aqquarium setup etc) just give blank, unresponsive pages. I´ve updated the firmware on the Reeflink which has had no effect.

And that´s about as far as I can get. Not that impressed for the best part of 1000GBP.

Any ideas anyone?

G

It is recommended that you use the ReefLink setup application to get your ReefLink connected to EcoSmart Live. Please try to download the Windows version again as we found that some of the files were possibly corrupt.

You might have to factory reset your ReefLink and start again. When you open the setup app, if you are presented with a details table, select Actions > Factory Reset.

GPHowell
09/04/2014, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the quick reply- much appreciated.

The set-up programme now works ( I did the factory reset) but I can't get the ReefLink to connect properly using WiFi. It detects my home WiFi network but fails when asked to disconnect USB and power-up ("unable to reconnect to EcoSmartLive, check internet connection").

I will try later on this evening with an ethernet connection but do you have any suggestions for the WiFi connection (I would prefer to use WiFI!)

Thanks

G

EcoTech Support
09/04/2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply- much appreciated.

The set-up programme now works ( I did the factory reset) but I can't get the ReefLink to connect properly using WiFi. It detects my home WiFi network but fails when asked to disconnect USB and power-up ("unable to reconnect to EcoSmartLive, check internet connection").

I will try later on this evening with an ethernet connection but do you have any suggestions for the WiFi connection (I would prefer to use WiFI!)

Thanks

G

That sounds like a good plan. When it says it failed to connect, is the LED ring on the ReefLink blue?

GPHowell
09/05/2014, 02:06 AM
I have managed to get the Reeflink connected now but couldn't do any programming etc due to the website being down. I'll try again this evening...