PDA

View Full Version : Reef Radiance Lighting

jtgrimes
09/12/2014, 08:23 AM
I currently have a nano-12 gallon setup. Im looking at taking the top off and hanging a led fixture. Ive looked into arctic led but it is not apex controllable yet. Wanting to find lighting that wont break the bank and be a future lighting for my 156gal oceanic as I would be getting multiple fixtures for it.

I came across Reef Radiance led's and seem to be a nice lighting setup, and controllable. I wanted to bring to RC to see what you guys think and if you have experience with this brand.

Thanks! :)

Ratpack
09/12/2014, 09:49 AM
I currently have two of their fixtures over my tank and I love them.

jtgrimes
09/12/2014, 12:45 PM
I currently have two of their fixtures over my tank and I love them.

What fixtures do you have? What kind of coral growth are you getting with them?

sneeyatch
09/12/2014, 01:13 PM
I have 2 of their DM-155e's over my 90 with 90º optics. Love these lights, they had a better color layout than most other black box units IMO. Some corals grow really fast, while some do OK.

Rick is a good guy and has no problem talking to you on the phone about your set-up and what you want to do with it.

Ratpack
09/12/2014, 04:14 PM
I have the DM-155e"s as well. My corals are growing pretty good. I think the drawback on my tank though may be more nutrient related than light related. They are great lights, I actually have my RBTA's on the sand bed and they are thriving. And that is with blues at 70% and whites at 50%. Anymore and I start to bleach the acros on top.

sneeyatch
09/12/2014, 09:55 PM
Agree with Ratpack. Mine are sitting at about 60% blue and about 40% full spectrum. I've pushed it higher than that but my corals will bleach. I think I'm pushing it as much as I can right now.