PDA

View Full Version : Reef octopus leaking by collection cup?

Speedfreak95
09/13/2014, 12:56 PM
Hello anyone experience there reef octopus nwb leaking around the neck where the collection cup sits? It's was fine until I emptied the cup. Now I've noticed water around the black ring. The skimmer is about a week old and I've read great reviews besides figuring out how to tune it correctly this is a new issue? Help

tdb320reef
09/13/2014, 02:36 PM
If it is only a week old call CoralVue and let them know of the issue. Perhaps it shipped with a defective or incorrectly sized O-ring. Id imagine they will send you another one without issue.

TruReef
09/13/2014, 02:39 PM
check to see if the gasket came off during cleaning.......

Speedfreak95
09/16/2014, 01:26 PM
I seemed to have lowered the water level and it stopped not sure if I had the water level too high but after adjustment it hasn't leaked..

Now the problem is getting it tuned correctly

Wazzel
09/16/2014, 01:32 PM
You might have some trash on the o-ring. Next time you take it off give it a good wipe and wipe out the pocket also. Inspect the o-ring to see if it has been damaged. A replacement o-ring is a cheap fix, one of that size is probably less than $5 from a local hardware store.

Wazzel
09/16/2014, 01:35 PM
On the tuning it will settle out in time. It can take a few weeks for it to calm down. I suggest running it lower that you want to keep the collection cup from filling up quickly. Mine took a few weeks, but has been rock solid ever since.

Speedfreak95
09/20/2014, 10:48 AM
Okay yeah I heard it takes a month if not more to break in. I have the bubbles pretty fine in the neck. Seems most of the gunk collects in the neck of the cup instead of overflows? I have a good amount of bubbles going that flow to the top