PDA

View Full Version : What to dose in a 5 supplement doser?

higorc
09/16/2014, 05:58 AM
I am not a big dosing/supplement happy Reefer, but I got a Pac Sun Kore 5th Doser and don't really know what to do with it besides using it for Calcium, Alk, maybe Trace elements.

As of now Kalkwasser/Vinegar in my ATO is keeping up with my tank demands so I haven't set up the doser yet. I am just curious what kind of supplements you guys use a doser for in a mixed Reef leaning towards SPS more and more every day…

Thanks
Higor

disc1
09/16/2014, 07:56 AM
Calcium and alkalinity are all I'd normally say anyone should auto-dose. There are folks who auto-dose vodka or vinegar if you're using enough of it. Mag usually isn't used fast enough to warrant daily auto-dosing. If you just want to use all 5 heads just for the sake of using them there are plenty of snake oils in this hobby that you could dose that won't really do anything good or bad for you (I'm looking at you Purple Up) but they'll look nice set up on your 5 head doser.

swk
09/16/2014, 11:24 AM
I could only use 4 personally, and even then, only 3 are must haves for my tank.

Alk
Calcium
Vinegar

The maybe would be an amino supplement like acro power.

I suppose if I had ph issues, I would consider dosing kalk at night through the 5th

wcharon
09/17/2014, 04:46 AM
I am also concerned with the same issue. Actually trying to decide between the 5th. Kore and the Litermeter.

The advantadge that i se on the Kore is the ATO included but takes space. While the Litermeter takes less space but have to get separate remote pumps but it has a 5 year warrantty.

Eyore
09/17/2014, 06:15 AM
3 solutions in, 1 for tank water out in (my) ideal world