PDA

View Full Version : Feeding feather dusters?

Coelli
09/19/2014, 10:51 AM
Hi! My new system has been up for a week now, a BioCube 29 with a lot of equipment upgrades and a chaeto fuge in the back (and another chaeto ball in a basket in the DT since I had so much). The only inhabitants I've introduced so far are 5 snails (astraea and small turbos). I'll be doing my first water change today and may add my first fish this weekend after the last equipment (Apex and ATO) is done. Water parameters are fairly good other than slightly high nitrates (10ppm and dropping) and phosphates at .14 last Sunday, I'm running extra GFO along with Chemi-Pure Elite and Purigen and will start introducing coral once that looks good.

There are several small feather dusters that came in on the live rock and all seem to be doing okay, but I'm wondering if they'll be able to survive on whatever comes their way? Do I need to help them out?

There's also a tiny green nudibranch I spotted one night creeping out of a crack but he went back in to get away from the light and I haven't seen him since. Hope he makes it. :|

kw22
09/19/2014, 11:11 AM
Hitchhiker fan worms usually make it.Some more sensitive species require mature tanks with supplement feeding.

Keep us all updated on your tanks progress :)

Coelli
09/19/2014, 11:34 AM
Hitchhiker fan worms usually make it.Some more sensitive species require mature tanks with supplement feeding.

Keep us all updated on your tanks progress :)

Awesome, thanks and I will. Looking forward to having all of the equipment finally set up! It's definitely been a process, and seems to have snowballed. :D

kw22
09/19/2014, 11:35 AM
Glad to hear your enjoying the hobby :)