PDA

View Full Version : TBS Review

laga77
09/22/2014, 07:27 AM
A couple of weeks ago I placed a order with TBS for his 25 gallon package. Right from the start communication was very good and easy to deal with through emails. I received the first shipment of rock and sand on 9-6. I had all ready started my 120 tank with 100 pounds of dry rock and 20 pounds of live rock from my LFS. I used ammonia chloride to start cycle. One of the boxes was leaking slightly from being crushed but no big deal. 20 pounds of the sand went into the refugium and 5 went into the tank. I had made the mistake of not reading the instructions on the TBS site fully and did not know that only half of the rock came with the sand and the other half came with the critters. I sent an email saying I was shorted and Richard explained the procedure nicely. The critters and remaining rock came on the 15th. All the animals were well packaged and all arrived alive. All of the rock is really high quality with all kinds of life covering and embedded in them. There was very little die off from the rocks and I actually had to add ammonia to feed the cycle. I have one small mantis that needs to be removed but I have a trap for that. The tank cycle is now complete. I will wait a couple of weeks to let every thing stabilize and start adding livestock. I fully recommend TBS. Even with the shipping, the total cost was comparable and the quality surpasses to what I could get locally. Thanks Richard

chris.scang
09/22/2014, 09:17 AM
Looks great! You can't go wrong with TBS! Best rock on the planet!

d2mini
09/22/2014, 10:18 AM
Even with the shipping, the total cost was comparable and the quality surpasses to what I could get locally.

Without a doubt!!! Can't beat it! :fun4: