PDA

View Full Version : Calc alk and mag powders with an auto doser

Parker7
09/23/2014, 12:12 PM
Hello every one I recently bought a jebo auto dosing unit and I wanted to hook up cal alk and mag to it. the issue I have is I bought red sea's 3 powdered supplements and they really have no direction as to how they recommend to dose the tank regularly they only say to add when levels are low. So I was wondering if any one has ever made stocks out of these powders and what their mix and equation of how much water to power they used and how often they would have it being dosed.
I personally would like to be able to have it being added to the tank everyday and have it so that I am making a new stock every week.
So anybody who has had any experience doing this plz your guidance would be well appreshated right now haha

Sinekal
09/23/2014, 12:40 PM
Does Red Sea say exactly what the three suplements are? I would guess they are calcium chloride, sodium carbonate, and magnesium sulfate, and more likely than not the same concentrations found in other products like those BRS sells.

Portsie
09/23/2014, 02:54 PM
First, find out how much of each the tank is using by testing for a few days at about the same time. Then go online and find an online calculator to see how much of each supplement you will need a week. Then divide that by 7 and set your doser to dose that amount each day, split up into however many doses you please. Brs has a pretty good calculator on their site.