PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ochtodes

FinzAquatics
09/24/2014, 08:27 AM
Hey Guys,

Does anyone out there know where to get Blue Ochtodes? I cannot seem to find them available for sale in my area or online for that matter..

I really want to add this variety into my planted seahorse tank

Thanks for any help

JLynn
09/25/2014, 05:20 AM
Well, LA Reefs (.com) has them, if you are willing to wait until they are in stock again. Also, I just found this random blogspot called "Marine Farmers" that mentioned they were propagating blue ochtodes sometime last year and has a relatively recent post, so I assume they are still up and running. There is a contact form on the blog, so you could ask them if they have some.

If that doesn't work, I would try all the major reef forums, as well as the local forums for clubs your area. Nano Reefs has plenty of macro algae growers, and I don't think they have a policy about the sales forum like Reef Central does. Take a look at Reef 2 Reef and 3Reef, too. They might have members who grow this macro. Though I don't know whether or not they have a policy like Reef Central does about who gets to use the sales forums.

Lastly, try looking through people's build threads on the major reef forums, and PM the ones with (healthy looking) Blue Ochtodes to ask if they would be willing to sell you some. It might be a bit awkward, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Also, I would love to see your tank. I am a huge fan of planted seahorse tanks! Do you have a build thread?

FinzAquatics
09/25/2014, 06:03 AM
I do on the boston reefers forum. I will post one here shortly. I will have to provide you the link once I do, I like to think its well done. I've enjoyed this planted tank far more than any reef I've done previously.

hobbzz
10/01/2014, 07:48 PM
Inland aquatics has some.

FinzAquatics
10/02/2014, 04:08 AM
Took a look, their ochtodes looks like mislabeled hypnea

Subsea
10/07/2014, 01:36 PM
Hey Guys,

Does anyone out there know where to get Blue Ochtodes? I cannot seem to find them available for sale in my area or online for that matter..

I really want to add this variety into my planted seahorse tank

Thanks for any help

Try this instead.
Patrick

Go to Gulf Coast EcoSystem at live_plants.com Then check out
Hypnea Pannosa.

FinzAquatics
10/07/2014, 05:09 PM
I already have that, I got my Hypnea Pannosa from ORA.

I still want to obtain Blue Ochtodes as they are slightly different.