PDA

View Full Version : Current Orbit 24"-36" Fixture.

hellokylehi
09/26/2014, 01:28 AM
Hey thanks for reading.

After a lot of research and the nice price tag I decided to buy a Current orbit 24"-36" fixture for my new JBJ 45g RL.
It seemed like a pretty decent light for soft corals, mushrooms, polyps, ect. When I was at my LFS I came across it when the night before I was looking at it on Marine Depot and reading reviews on it. It does seem like a light kind of meant for a FOWLR tank but I've watched videos that have successfully grown SPS, LPS, and soft corals with it in nano tanks.

Heres a link, Current LED Orbit Fixture Marine Depot (http://www.marinedepot.com/Current_USA_Orbit_Marine_LED_Aquarium_Light_20_Inch_LED_Light_Fixtures-Current_USA-CU04100-FILTFILDTN-vi.html)
Despite only being 23 watts it sure is bright, extremely customizable.
Is this light strong enough to penetrate 21 inches from light to sandbed? My JBJ tank isn't that tall, I still consider it a nano only being 45g.

You think if I put 2 fixtures on the tank I could get away with SPS?
I really like this light and its exactly what I was looking for, minus the intensity.
I have 2 high peaks in my tank where I was planning on putting SPS corals at, one being about 5 inches and another at 7 inches from the fixture itself.

hellokylehi
09/26/2014, 01:31 AM
If an SPS is a no, what about LPS? I was only going to put one SPS in there anyways.

hellokylehi
09/26/2014, 12:01 PM
bump

hellokylehi
09/26/2014, 05:42 PM
bump

supertony
10/15/2014, 12:27 PM
I have a 28g cube. I run two of the smaller Orbits. I have a mixed reef tank, with my sps strategically placed for better lighting and flow. Its all doing great