PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

fishguy597
09/27/2014, 11:32 AM
First off I dipped some corals in bayer a few weeks ago and now one of them has some dead tips on it. It has now started growing some red algea on the tips. I thought I remembered reading somewhere to take hydrogen peroxide and put it in a syringe. Then shoot the affected areas. I assume to put it in a bowel and not do this in tank. Is this true ?

Has anyone had any issues with any new batches of bayer? I just picked some up a few weeks ago and used 4ml per cup of tank water. My Hawkins and red dragon did not respond well to it. I had to frag half the colonies due to die off. Then I had a few other corals that looked like they were on the verge of bleaching. They are finally starting to recover but not to where they were. I have never had this happen before and wondered if anyone else has.

cugly
09/27/2014, 11:35 PM
Smooth skin don't do to well with dips..I would just snip the tips rather than putting peroxide

Fishy 1
09/28/2014, 07:19 AM
I have to agree with Dan. I'm still really new to SPS so can't help you with the peroxide treatment Q, sorry:(

rovster
09/28/2014, 04:56 PM
I would definitely avoid peroxide with sps. Snip the tips but look into your water parameters to make sure they're in check.

fishguy597
09/30/2014, 06:00 PM
I checked my parameters and have 10 nitrates, .04 po4, 480 ca , 8 dkh. I have no algea anywhere in my tank except for this coral. I tried to trim it back and the red algea came right back. Maybe I'll wait it out and try trimming the dead areas again.