PDA

View Full Version : Fragtoberfest 2014

logan 12
09/30/2014, 08:00 AM
Is this still going on? Have not heard anything.

_shorty_
09/30/2014, 08:45 AM
Is this still going on? Have not heard anything.

I believe it's being postponed until early next year.

tommer725
10/01/2014, 11:54 AM
Yes what shorty said. There is talk of it in march or so.

newreefer2
10/07/2014, 09:49 AM
For the past 5 years we have had Fragtoberfest on a Saturday and SLASH has had their event on the following Sunday which was a convenience for vendors. SLASH decided to move their event to Saturday. We did not have a site reserved for the following Sunday but we did have the Interstate for Saturday. It did not make sense to go head to head with SLASH where vendors would have to choose which to attend. BNARC's goal was to support the events not compete. Most of the other weekends in Oct and Nov had competing fragfests or holidays so we have postponed our festival. We are trying to secure a site for February 15th 2015 - not much in this area that time of year. I hope people will attend at the new date we hope to have speakers again BNARC still has good relations with SLASH and I am still a member of both clubs.

newreefer2
10/07/2014, 04:31 PM
Cupids Reef where saltwater reefers love to [email protected] - BNARC FRAG FESTIVAL Replacing Fragtoberfest 2014
February 15th ,2015
Interstate Center, Bloomington, IL

35galSaltwater
10/07/2014, 10:05 PM
Do you have more info on either event? Where, whats going on, cost etc?

newreefer2
10/08/2014, 10:38 AM
Cupid's Reef Where Saltwater Reefers love to go February 15, 2015
https://www.facebook.com/CupidsReef
Speakers and Workshops to be announced
Hourly Door Prizes and a Raffle the last hour of the event
Vendors include :
Dirk’s Supply
Frag Creations Captain's Corals
Raffle Prize Pledged Donors - So Far
Aqua Craft - variety of products
Frag Creations will donate a Doser Pump by Jebao
This year BNARC is donating a 10% of admission and 1% of raffle proceeds to support the reef tank we donated to the Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington, Illinois, two years ago.
BNARC will give a check for $40 to every reef club that brings 4 or more members who pay admission. The Club that brings the most members will receive a check for $75 ( $40 plus an extra $35). Checks will be made out to the club.
https://www.facebook.com/CupidsReef