PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Apex ATO Programming not working

Jyetman
10/01/2014, 10:07 AM
This is what I have program wise and the float is used as shut off when closed. I need the outlet to be in the off state when Sw5 is closed. As for the OSC command I have a gravity fed algae scrubber and the water levels in the scrubber vary so a simple ATO system in the display tank won't work. What am I doing wrong?

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/000:03/010:00 Then ON
If Sw5 CLOSED Then OFF

kurt_n
10/01/2014, 12:32 PM
What is it doing wrong?

Is the float not turning it off when closed? What device is this outlet controlling?

slief
10/01/2014, 01:35 PM
Some float switches are normally closed. The float switches that look like this one can be reversed to normally open or vice versa by removing the little clip that holds the barrel to the shaft and flipping the barrel upside down. You can test the switch with a volt meter in continuity mode by putting each probe on one of the wires and moving the float up or down. When the float is in "closed" mode, the meter will sound or change value.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/i-floatMedium_zps1bc2d93e.jpg

Jyetman
10/01/2014, 02:02 PM
The float is in the display tank I want it to shut off the OSC command when triggered in the closed position. It isn't doing that OSC continues to run regardless of Switch5 position. I do not want the float to control the on/off top off system only to shut off the OSC command which controls outlet 6. The OSC is a safety net I can slowly adjust for evaporation the float switch can shut it off if high level is reached. I don't trust floats they fail the OSC gives me time to adjust the level accordingly.

Jyetman
10/01/2014, 02:43 PM
The switch command is working performed a test trial while closed. The problem is the water turbulence is causing the switch to alternate between open and closed to rapidly. Apex only sees a closed condition when it remains closed apparently for a certain length of time so the OSC continues as if the switch is open.