PDA

View Full Version : Apex ALD help

Darth Wader
10/03/2014, 08:30 PM
Hello everybody. I'm trying to install the leak detection device onto my apex and after reading the manuals I honestly have no idea how to set it up. I connected the ALD unit to my power bar via the aquabus cable that came with the ALD. Then I connected the 2 leak detectors I purchased to the ALD unit in S1 & S2, and it seems to be hooked up fine. The status light is green so i assume its all hooked up right.
So I went into apex fusion and cannot figure out how to get the switch number. I want it to turn off my return pump if it detects water so I went into my return settings and I added: If SwitchxY_1 CLOSED Then OFF and used every number for Y (1-10) and every time it says invalid switch number.
How do I find out what the switch number is??
I really like what the apex can and maybe i'm just not that smart but I've had a nightmare of a time trying to program this thing.
Anyway, any help/suggestions would help.
Thanks
Wade

Darth Wader
10/03/2014, 08:31 PM
Ok so i fallowed these steps listed in the manual:
Setup, module setup, modify name
And Found my ALD on it listed as (5)
so I then tried tying in

If Switchx5_1 CLOSED Then OFF
If Switchx5_2 CLOSED Then OFF
If Switchx5_3 CLOSED Then OFF
If Switchx5_4 CLOSED Then OFF

and each time it still just says switch invalid

makes no sense to me at all??

kurt_n
10/03/2014, 10:11 PM
Check on the probe setup page (I *think* that's where the ALD switches show up - don't have one myself!) and make sure those are in fact the names of the switches.

[Edit: Also... what firmware version is your Apex? If this is an older Apex, you may need to update the firmware. Version 4.20 is when they added support for the ALD.]

Darth Wader
10/04/2014, 04:16 AM
So after literally messing with it for hours I figured out that it's not switchxY_1 like the manual says it's now been changed to SwxY_1. So after programming it forever trying to figure out how to get it to work it's simply that they changed how you type switch into the system.
Neptune if this is the new way people must type it into fusion please update your manual. How are people supposed to know this is what they need to type in when the manual says something completely different.

spifftempo
10/04/2014, 04:39 AM
So after literally messing with it for hours I figured out that it's not switchxY_1 like the manual says it's now been changed to SwxY_1. So after programming it forever trying to figure out how to get it to work it's simply that they changed how you type switch into the system.
Neptune if this is the new way people must type it into fusion please update your manual. How are people supposed to know this is what they need to type in when the manual says something completely different.

NS has been updating documentation here:

http://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted

The Get Started for the ALD is here:

http://www.neptunesystems.com/aldgs/

aleithol
10/04/2014, 06:41 AM

FWIW, this renaming of some default probe/switches occurred in one of the controller firmware updates that came out earlier this year -- it was not specific to Fusion. It was described in the firmware release notes at that time, but is sort of lost to the annals of history as newer firmware releases are introduced and the CRM seems to no longer be maintained with "what changed" in each firmware release.

Trying to keep hardcopy documentation current is a challenge for any mfgr given products are shipped and exist out in the retail channel for undetermined amounts of time waiting for a customer to buy them. I agree however, that Neptune can continue to improve keeping all their documentation (beyond Fusion) more current, especially on their website (http://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/) for those that go there to seek out the most recent information. Unless you knew what you were looking for, it would be hard to find even on Neptune Systems Community (http://forum.neptunesystems.com) (which is the successor to this forum).

DivingTheWorld
10/06/2014, 08:19 PM
I'm also trying to set up initial programming of an ALD with Apex Fusion. I added my two switches, both of which are currently set to OPEN.

I set up email and text notification and verified both.

I set up Base Alarm:

Set OFF
If Swx7_1 CLOSED Then ON
If Swx7_2 CLOSED Then ON

Then Email Alarm:

Set OFF
If Swx7_1 CLOSED Then ON
If Swx7_2 CLOSED Then ON

When I run my wet paper towel test, the audible alarm goes off and the switch on my Fusion dashboard switches to CLOSED.

I let it alarm for a good 10 minutes or so, but no email and no text. I did get an email and text for a default temperature alarm that was pre-entered, but nothing for the ALD.

Any ideas?

Kosmos
02/05/2017, 06:22 AM
have same problem but 2017 nobody post