PDA

View Full Version : New Tank- Cycled but no Real LR growth

AirForceAquariu
10/06/2014, 12:30 PM
Hi all!

I have a 65g 15g sump. Runs at 0 ammonia 0 nitrite ~.2 nitrate 78deg 1.024 sg and has . I have 35 lbs of LR ~40lbs of live sand. I plan on adding more LR later, but that was about the budget. I just recently added a pair of false perc clown who are doing great! They are behaving weirdly like I have read to expect of clowns, and I have witnessed the shaky little dance of submission and dominance they do (cool stuff)! I haven't added any inverst yet, as I was told it was better to wait a little longer to establish since they are more sensitive.

My concern is mostly that I haven't seen a ton of additional growth on the live rock, or anythign in the way of hitchikers (good or bad) in the tank. It has solid purple coraline algae growth, but thats about it. Since I am a newby I am a little nervous about my tank so I am hoping that this is normal! Thanks in advance!

edit: The water went through a bloom period (i think) where it was murky then cleared signifigantly and is now extremely clear.

uncleL
10/06/2014, 12:46 PM
Welcome to Salt! That is the normal process in the cycling.......take your time!!!!!! How long ha your tank been up?

AirForceAquariu
10/06/2014, 12:53 PM
Thanks! I am having a great time already! I only have the two but I can watch the weird little buggers forever! About a month after curing the LR. Is it safe to clean the LR with a soft brush? There is some sediment covering it which I worried might interfere with anything that photosynthesizes. There also appears to be some dead plant matter, but I wasn't sure if I should remove it.