PDA

View Full Version : Please Help - Tech support on web site didn't.....

svb57
10/06/2014, 03:04 PM
I submitted an issue through your web site as follows:

I am trying to do two things: add a DC4HD and update software.
What I cant do right now is access the controlled via the web. I type in XXX.XXX.X.XX and I get the password/sign in and enter the correct info but then it comes back "404 not found". This occurs with both Chrome and Explorer.
I am able to access the controller via Apex Fussion log-in so i know the connection and password are correct and I checked the IP address and it is correct.
So, what is wrong as I cant save the configuration prior to update and I cant add the DC4HD
I thank you inadvance for your help

The comment I got back was:

To add a DC4 via the display screen go to setup> module setup > add module > select DC4.
Let me know.
Please let us know if you have any other questions, or need any additional clarification.
Please Reference Ticket: http://neptunesystems.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/26850

It helped me with addding the DC4HD - Thanks however, it did not answer my other issue. So I resent the email and here is the response I just recieved:

I suggest skipping that step and moving on with the FW instructions. Worst case if the controller corrupts you may need to load an older saved configuration or reconfigure.
Please let us know if you have any other questions, or need any additional clarification.

Couple things. One it didnt answer my question, it goes against the stern warning that is given on the web site about saving before continuing and how can i reload an older version if I cant save it in the first place.

I am hoping that you can help me here.

Frustrated
Jim Mc

aquamanic
10/06/2014, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't worry about saving your configuration at this point. The odds of a software update corrupting it are very small. Unless something goes horribly wrong, you'll be fine. For the future, make regular backups after any major changes to your programs. This way while you might not have the most current backup available, you'll have something.

Your symptoms sound like your web pages are either corrupted or missing. In either case the fix is the same - reload the software and web pages.