PDA

View Full Version : Help with apex and fusion

rbtwo4
10/14/2014, 06:35 PM
So I read the thread about fios and connecting with apex and it's like reading another language to me. I had twc and switched to fios and now my apex app isn't working obviously. So I tried using apex fusion only thing is I don't understand how to remotely switch things on and off on it. I slide the window to the left and out my light on auto but it doesn't switch it goes right back to on. What am I doing wrong?

Dylan Ringwood
10/14/2014, 07:11 PM
I had a huge problem hooking up my apex go to the neptune forums they respond quick and really helpful

m0nkie
10/14/2014, 07:36 PM
Fusion replaced the app. I don't think it has anything to do with your internet provider. I'm running Fios and there was nothing special for instruction. Is your APEX updated?

I don't quite understand your question. so you have your fusion on your phone. you slide your LIGHT left from ON to AUTO, but it would go back to ON??

rbtwo4
10/14/2014, 08:17 PM
Fusion replaced the app. I don't think it has anything to do with your internet provider. I'm running Fios and there was nothing special for instruction. Is your APEX updated?

I don't quite understand your question. so you have your fusion on your phone. you slide your LIGHT left from ON to AUTO, but it would go back to ON??

I originally had the app but when I changed to fios I couldn't figure out how to update the app with the new service provider so I updated apex to use fusion and I sign in and see my tank but I can't get it to turn off a pump or light. I will switch it to off but the pump or light doesn't turn off.

JoelA7
10/15/2014, 01:10 AM
I don't get what you mean either. My fusion works great on my iPhone and desktop. But if you are connected so your phone sees your apex try an outlet with no programming such as your return pump. See if that responds

RDuhb
10/15/2014, 05:13 AM
The sliders are protectors from accidental mode change. It would suck to forget the app is open on your phone, touch the heater control, and not realize you turned it on until several hours later. So after you move the slider to the left you still have to select off, auto, or on. Hopefully I understood your question correctly.

rbtwo4
10/15/2014, 11:09 AM
lol im sliding the sliders to on and off and nothing is responding even on my desk top its not working

m0nkie
10/15/2014, 11:32 AM
I originally had the app but when I changed to fios I couldn't figure out how to update the app with the new service provider so I updated apex to use fusion and I sign in and see my tank but I can't get it to turn off a pump or light. I will switch it to off but the pump or light doesn't turn off.

could it be you assigned the wrong outlet? maybe used a Varspd outlet on accident? I shut off every single outlet. only turn on the ones I use.

rbtwo4
10/15/2014, 01:24 PM
could it be you assigned the wrong outlet? maybe used a Varspd outlet on accident? I shut off every single outlet. only turn on the ones I use.

well I emailed apex and this is what they sent me to do.
Via your web interface go to configuration> Network Configuration> Apex Fusion Control Enabled> restart your controller
Via your display screen: system> netsetup> Apex Fusion Setup> Server: ON > Control On> restart your controller

it worked like a charm just in case anyone else has issues there u go. thanks for the help everyone.

I guess the key was restarting my controller.