PDA

View Full Version : Diet and Feeding Golden Dwarf Moray Eel

ksicard
10/19/2014, 06:40 PM
Hello all,
I recently purchased a Golden Dwarf Moray Eel and I wanted to get a few questions answered in regards to a diet and feeding for this cool little guy! He's been in the tank for about 5 days and he has yet to eat the krill that I try to feed him with via feeding tongs. I understand that sometimes eels will fast up to a period of a month and I wanted to get some ideas on how to entice him to start eating.

Lastly, I wanted to get some information on a nice varied diet for the eel. I once owned a snowflake eel who I only fed silver sides and one day he stopped eating after eating a silver or two daily and later died a week or two later. I'm not sure to what caused his death but I think it was because silver sides aren't very nutritious. I want to avoid this same thing from taking place so please if anyone has any advice or experience in providing a varied diet for this eel let me know what I can do.

LefkoNJ
10/19/2014, 06:43 PM
I have a mexian pale nose dwarf eel. He eats silversides, mysis cubes, chunks of Rods Food. The challenge with the food is not letting it defrost so much that it loses its shape.

RDtrack
10/19/2014, 06:47 PM
Mine are krill in the store but wouldn't for me so I switched to chopped up silversides. You can soak the chunks on selcon if you want to add more nutrition. I know just somewhat overfeed pemisis and he scavenges. I love mine.

BlueFyre
10/20/2014, 08:47 AM
When I had my golden dwarf she would ONLY eat silversides. I tried really hard to vary her diet, but it's all she would take. Sometimes I would stuff the silver sides with pellets in order to give her something a little extra.