PDA

View Full Version : Flow for gigs

ento-reefer
10/22/2014, 06:27 AM
My gig seems to prefer low flow but many of the videos I have watch show gigs in high flow.

What type of flow do other gig owners find works best?

silverarrow27
10/22/2014, 07:41 AM
I have two, one in low and the other in high. It seems they can do either one, the low flow one seems to look just a tad bit better though imo.

justinky
10/22/2014, 07:46 AM
My gig seems to prefer low flow but many of the videos I have watch show gigs in high flow.

What type of flow do other gig owners find works best?

I would gamble that most thriving acclimated gigs would prefer high flow. Since yours is newly added it may not like the higher flow yet or if it's having trouble staying attached you might have to treat it as this could be an early indication of infection.

ento-reefer
10/22/2014, 08:18 AM
I would gamble that most thriving acclimated gigs would prefer high flow. Since yours is newly added it may not like the higher flow yet or if it's having trouble staying attached you might have to treat it as this could be an early indication of infection.

My gig has moved 3 times since I got him and all three moves were after I tried to increase the flow. I have my pumps turned down to about 1/2 of the flow I would normally have them on. I am just going to leave them turned down now because my gig looks to enjoy this flow. I don't think he is having trouble holding on, but maybe. He hasn't deflated and his mouth is still tight so I am thinking maybe he is just still acclimating.

Is it a fact that all gigs need or want high flow? Should I be using this as a gauge to its overall health? This is my first gig so I don't have first hand experience. I do know that my sebae was happy in what I would call moderate flow.
Thanks.

ento-reefer
10/22/2014, 08:20 AM
I have two, one in low and the other in high. It seems they can do either one, the low flow one seems to look just a tad bit better though imo.

How long have you had the one that looks better in low flow? Do you have any photos or videos? Thanks.