PDA

View Full Version : id and advice on kole tang w/pics

cncguy
10/22/2014, 05:56 PM
looking for someone to id these spots, and what to treat with. Meds I have on hand are: Praxipro, cupramine, melafix, and pimafix

Viethuenese
10/22/2014, 06:21 PM
ich?

cncguy
10/22/2014, 06:32 PM
I was wondering if it was, but the spots aren't very small like I thought ich was, wondered if it was a fungus?

cncguy
10/23/2014, 06:28 AM
anyone?

shesacharmer
10/23/2014, 06:52 AM
I suspect your Tang has Lymphocystis which is a viral infection for which there is no cure. You can keep him in QT alone for another 6-8 weeks and keep him unstressed. Give him Selcon and garlic supplements and the lesions will burst and heal on their own at which point you can supposedly put him back into your DT and be fine. There is no specific medicine for viral infections. Lymphocystis comes in strains that affect particular species of fish so introducing another Tang would be chancy for your setup. Here is an interesting article about it http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/management/Lawler_Lymphocystis.html If you Google Kole Tang Lymphocystis images you will see some that look quite a lot like your fish. Best of luck with it.

Nina51
10/23/2014, 07:30 AM
lympho looks like little cauliflower growths. most often, it appears on the edges of fins but can also show up on the body of the fish. my kole tang had it in qt. soaking his food in selcon and/or vita-chem helped clear it up. pristine water and vitamin-soaked food are the only things that will speed healing.