PDA

View Full Version : 150 gal Broken Frame Help

secure1347
10/23/2014, 11:49 AM
I have a 150 gallon Perfecto tank (Anchor on bottom) that I need a frame replacement for (there is no salvaging the old frame). When I measure the actual glass dimensions I see that it’s slight over the standard 72” x 18” that is shown on the internet. It’s actually 72 3/16” x 18 3/8”

My LFS ordered me a frame replacement (when we originally thought it was an All-Glass aquarium and it’s definitely slightly too small on the width and wouldn’t fit.

Do you think this really could be the difference between a Perfecto and AG?

I’m going to talk to my LFS again, but he seemed to think they are all the same size, so I’m concerned I won’t be able to find the proper frame for it.

secure1347
10/23/2014, 09:03 PM
I was affraid I wouldnt get any replies about this.

pretty worried about finding a solution for this. Yeah maybe I can make one out of wood but its not going to be easy and I don't want to look like crap to be honest.

maddmaxx
10/23/2014, 09:13 PM
I have a 150 gallon Perfecto tank (Anchor on bottom) that I need a frame replacement for (there is no salvaging the old frame). When I measure the actual glass dimensions I see that it’s slight over the standard 72” x 18” that is shown on the internet. It’s actually 72 3/16” x 18 3/8”

My LFS ordered me a frame replacement (when we originally thought it was an All-Glass aquarium and it’s definitely slightly too small on the width and wouldn’t fit.

Do you think this really could be the difference between a Perfecto and AG?

I’m going to talk to my LFS again, but he seemed to think they are all the same size, so I’m concerned I won’t be able to find the proper frame for it.

From the couple threads ive read, removing and replacing a frame is hard work and takes time.

if you know its a perfecto tank, then have your LFS order the proper rim for that tank. i would not build a wooden frame. im sorry to be so direct with this, but if they cannot get you frame, then i would consider the tank a goner...

maddmaxx
10/23/2014, 09:15 PM
after rereading your original post. it seems that the broken frame is already off the tank? am i understanding this right?

secure1347
10/23/2014, 09:16 PM
Ouch. The old frame is already off the tank. Hopefully thr lfs can get it from Marineland. I'm thinking for what it would cost me for a new tank I could get someone the Machine plastic pieces for the frame that connect together

maddmaxx
10/23/2014, 09:20 PM
if your unwilling to buy a new tank if needed. and the new frame doesnt work, you could always research euro bracing the tank. that will work just fine and actually be stronger then the plastic trim...

secure1347
10/23/2014, 09:28 PM
Well of course I will if I have to but that's going to cost at least 800 I imagine. Maybe more. Havent looked it up yet.

I thought about the euro Brace. Thats where you silicone glass strips front to back right ?