PDA

View Full Version : RODI question

chopper320
10/24/2014, 05:13 PM
I have a 4 stage RODI system hooked up with the auto shutoff valve and a container with the float valve in it. It has ran fine for about 3 years but recently I've had an issue with it shutting off.

Once the container is full, the pressure gauge drops slightly but every few seconds it jumps all the way to max and some water drains out of the waste line. It will continue doing this until I shut the water off that runs to it.

The membrane is less than 6 mo old and filters are only a couple of months old. Would this be the auto shut off going bad? I'm assuming that's what it is but I wanted to get some opinions before wasting money.

Jeremy B.
10/24/2014, 06:08 PM
I have seen the pressure solenoids go bad over time, however, my guess is that if the waste line is spitting out some water like you're describing then the check valve coming off the product line out of the membrane before water goes to the pressure solenoid is starting to fail. Replace the check valve and see if this solves the issue for you. HTH!

chopper320
10/24/2014, 08:21 PM
Thanks Jeremy. I never even thought about it being that. I will give that a try first.