PDA

View Full Version : Wp10 issue

dodgerblew
10/26/2014, 09:59 AM
Jebao wp10 issue
My wp10 seems to have given up. The led on the dc power supply flashes when plugged in. No idea what it is , power supply /pump / controller . Brought it at the start of the year when you first received the WP10's. I bought two and both have crapped out. Completely lit up controller but impeller not spinning on pump. One pump has been in tank and the other has been stored as a backup so has very little, maybe a couple months before I removed it as a spare. Any thoughts?

Portsie
10/26/2014, 11:28 AM
You are certainly not the first, nor will you be the last, posting about jebao pumps failing prematurely. My advice would be to invest in quality pumps, so you don't have to worry about this constantly. If your heart is still set on jebaos, take the money you would have spent on one quality pump, and buy 4 or 5 jebaos so you have SEVERAL spares on hand.

mcgyvr
10/26/2014, 11:49 AM
try swapping the power supply from the one that doesn't flash..

oseymour
10/26/2014, 12:11 PM
try swapping the power supply from the one that doesn't flash..

Try this.

I don't mean to pile on but I purchased vortech pumps and when my friend bought jaebo pumps that looked like they moved more water and were a lot cheaper I felt like I wasted money. But his pumps have failed multiple times in the last year.

mcgyvr
10/26/2014, 12:19 PM
Try this.

I don't mean to pile on but I purchased vortech pumps and when my friend bought jaebo pumps that looked like they moved more water and were a lot cheaper I felt like I wasted money. But his pumps have failed multiple times in the last year.

yes seems MANY have had either failures of the power supply or failures of the motor itself (me included)

Hopefully the RW series is better..

dodgerblew
10/26/2014, 03:18 PM
You are certainly not the first, nor will you be the last, posting about jebao pumps failing prematurely. My advice would be to invest in quality pumps, so you don't have to worry about this constantly. If your heart is still set on jebaos, take the money you would have spent on one quality pump, and buy 4 or 5 jebaos so you have SEVERAL spares on hand.im sure I'm not which is why I posted. Thought maybe there was a common solution. I also run vortech on the tank so I'm not looking for the cheap fix. I also have a wp25 that has been okay.

try swapping the power supply from the one that doesn't flash..first off, love the username! I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my op. When I realized that although the wp10 which was in my tank looked as if it was working because led's were lit up as if operational until I put my hand in front of it and realized it wasn't pushing water, I unplugged the entire unit, PS, controller and pump and removed it and swapped out another wp10 I had as a spare so different ps, controller and pump, plugged it in and same thing. Lit up controller and no pumping of water.

Try this.

Don't feel like anybody is piling on, just started a conversation about a couple pumps in hopes of helping me and in turn helping others. I appreciate all the input

I'm actually waiting on the new riptide 35w to be launched and plan on going with that and remove all jebaos and if not needed the vortech. I still have good flow without the wp10 with two returns, mp10 and Wp25. It's only a 24" cube

zachts
10/26/2014, 04:10 PM
Take the pumps apart and clean them good. Make sure when you put them back together the impeller and bushings are all the way seated. They might not have been seated fully out of the box or gotten loose in storage etc. Make sure your power connector from the controller to pump is all the way plugged together as well, they are cheap connectors and can fit rather tight, might not be making contact.

myram
10/26/2014, 06:14 PM
I have a dead WP10 in my basement, died after 2 months of use.
I got it replaced under warranty and got rid of them......Ecotech now.

dodgerblew
10/26/2014, 06:43 PM
Take the pumps apart and clean them good. Make sure when you put them back together the impeller and bushings are all the way seated. They might not have been seated fully out of the box or gotten loose in storage etc. Make sure your power connector from the controller to pump is all the way plugged together as well, they are cheap connectors and can fit rather tight, might not be making contact.
Okay, that's an idea. I did make sure pump was plugged in on both securely and didn't change the issue
I have a dead WP10 in my basement, died after 2 months of use.
I got it replaced under warranty and got rid of them......Ecotech now.i bought these from fish street. How long is the warranty?

myram
10/26/2014, 07:45 PM
I believe they have a 1 year warranty......but I'm not 100% sure.