View Full Version : Help Batfish Clamp fin

outdoorworld_70
10/26/2014, 03:22 PM
Hi,
I have a 180 fowlr
ammonia-0
nitrite-0
nitrate- 6-7
I have three batfish which get along great and noticed one of them has clamp fin and can see the mark on it's body with its fin is stuck. How should i treat?
Thanks

Newsmyrna80
10/26/2014, 05:18 PM
How long have you had them? Have you added anything new to the tank recently? How the fish eating, breathing, attitude, etc?

outdoorworld_70
10/26/2014, 06:29 PM
I have had the tank set up for a few months now and added that batfish about a month ago. I recently added 7 new fish to the tank the other day. They are eating good and breathing normal but he seems to be hanging around by himself.For the most part everyone seems to be healthy and eating but I have also noticed that the emperor angel juv i just added has almost like a pimple on the side of his head
Thanks much appreciated

Newsmyrna80
10/26/2014, 08:47 PM
Did you quarantine any of the new incoming? If not you could have introduced any number of diseases/parasites. Pimple on the side of the head could be the beginning of brook. Can you post a pic of the pimple? Clamped fin could be flukes.

outdoorworld_70
10/28/2014, 03:02 PM
Yes i did quarantine them and they all looked good so i put them in the tank. There was an outbreak of ich two days ago and i did a 10% water change 3 days in a row and feed food with metronidazole and garlic and the good new is there is barley any ich now. The batfish seems to being doing okay it's eating well. Also the angel's head is looking better yesterday the white "pimple" fell off and you can see a little bit starting to grow back and then falls off again i think the metro is helping.
Thanks

pinnatus
10/28/2014, 03:18 PM
What kind of bats?

outdoorworld_70
10/28/2014, 06:03 PM
orbiculate