PDA

View Full Version : copepod worms?

schoch79
10/27/2014, 04:07 AM
Ok so I am still in my cycling/diatom stage of my tank and just started having copepods showing up. I've been there done that several times and am used to seeing all of the different critters and stuff but never thought to ask anything about it. So this time I'm curious. Along with the typical pods (I'm calling them tisbe copepods) I'm seeing little whitish/clear worms that are not much bigger than the tisbe. I've seen these in the past too....never hurt anything. Of course I'm seeing other types of pods but its the worms that have me curious. Does anyone know what exactly they may be? I'm not concerned about them but more so just want to know because I want to know. If you can help I thank you. If not I hope you learn something here too. Thanks.

Oh, almost forgot to say. They move almost like an earthworm would. They "crawl" forward with no apparent inch worm type movement and they can turn straight around and bend their body in half and continue in the other direction. I don't know if this helps at all but I thought I would mention it.

schoch79
10/27/2014, 04:08 AM
By the way they crawl on the glass just like the tisbes do. They are definitely not flatworms and don't have a broad body like flatworms. They are super thin and maybe 1-2 mm in length if I would have to guess.