PDA

View Full Version : BRS RODI system for drinking water?

125mph
10/28/2014, 02:17 PM
Hi All,

I have the 6 part RODI system from BRS and have been using it for a while now, works great.

I need to get some drinking water for my office.. wondering if the RODI system will be just as good as going to the get drinking water at the water store or water machine.

Will there be any differences?

Thanks

slief
10/28/2014, 04:14 PM
Hi All,

I have the 6 part RODI system from BRS and have been using it for a while now, works great.

I need to get some drinking water for my office.. wondering if the RODI system will be just as good as going to the get drinking water at the water store or water machine.

Will there be any differences?

Thanks

The RODI water is much more pure than any store bought water let alone machine water.. In fact, I think it's so pure that it's not really ideal. Most if not all machine bought water is RO filtered but doesn't go through the DI process. Get some machine water and put one to the TDS probes in it and see what the TDS readings are. You will probably be surprised. I'd guess 7-15TDS if the filters are properly maintained. If you really want to bring water to work, disconnect the DI stages and just connect to the RO line between the RO and DI stages and send that water to your water bottlles. That or remove the DI cartridges and leave them soaking in RODI water. No point in wasting your DI cartridges on drinking water.