PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this Birdsnest

Patrick Cox
10/30/2014, 01:34 PM
Hello,
Any idea why causes these white patches on the pink birds nest? This is a fairly new frag. Thanks.

http://www.pcoxphoto.com/photos/i-NhmF55v/0/L/i-NhmF55v-L.jpg

markalot
10/30/2014, 01:46 PM
It's losing skin for some unknown reason. Was it like that when you got it? Could have been stung, could be bad water quality, etc. etc.

Other than that, since this is an SPS, you will want to tell us

Alk, and how steady this is day to day
Calcium
Mg
Salinity
Lighting

How old is the tank?

Patrick Cox
10/30/2014, 02:05 PM
It's losing skin for some unknown reason. Was it like that when you got it? Could have been stung, could be bad water quality, etc. etc.

Other than that, since this is an SPS, you will want to tell us

Alk, and how steady this is day to day
Calcium
Mg
Salinity
Lighting

How old is the tank?

I did notice a piece of algae that was stuck to the top portion of this coral and suspected that was the reason for the top white spot but it seems to have grown from there and then there is a spot on the bottom as well. My parameters are pretty stable (I use dosing pumps.)

Sal-1.026
Alk-8.5
Ca-425
Mg-1300
ATI T5/LED combo (200 or so PAR for this coral)
Two powerheads

Thanks for your comments.

markalot
11/01/2014, 08:29 PM
Hi Patrick,

I was just looking at your picture thread, you owe us an update. :)

How is the bird doing? I don't have any answers as to what is wrong, other than it was damaged before you got it.

Patrick Cox
11/01/2014, 08:57 PM
Hi Patrick,

I was just looking at your picture thread, you owe us an update. :)

How is the bird doing? I don't have any answers as to what is wrong, other than it was damaged before you got it.

Hi
Those spots were starting to spread so I ended up cutting the coral back so i will just have to see what happens from there. Thanks for asking.