PDA

View Full Version : Dripping fittings?

HD29
11/06/2014, 09:06 PM
Is it normal for the push-fittings exiting the RO canister (both yellow and blue) to slowly drip? Is there anything I can do to stop it? Can't push the lines in any farther and I'm afraid the frame will start to rust.

Nautifishy
11/06/2014, 09:45 PM
Hello HD, I don't think that's normal. Maybe the line is not flush on the fitting. Try removing the line and check for any defects, like if the line was kinked etc. You can also try to but a little bit of Teflon tape are the hose before you insert it in the fitting.

SpectraPure
11/07/2014, 08:35 AM
Pull the tube out, inspect for scratches, cut the end off if you find any.

Smear a little "spa grease" (waterproof) on the end of the tube and re-insert.

I have never seen tape work in this situation.

Support at SpectraPure

SpectraPure
11/10/2014, 09:47 AM
Also, when you push the clean ends of the tubing back "in" and fully seated, tug back gently to set the fitting (it has little teeth on the fitting that grab). Also, if you have a sharp bend just as the tubing goes into the fitting, that can sometimes deform the tubing enough to cause the problem you are seeing.
If you still have a problem, you may need replacement tubing and/or fittings. Do not chance a continuous drip.

SpectraPure
11/10/2014, 10:22 AM
http://spectrapure.com/manuals/CSPDI_MANUAL.pdf

Refer to page 10.

Hope this helps you.

bruce

HD29
11/11/2014, 09:59 PM
I tried the "spa grease" but it didn't do anything. I've also tried re-seating them several times. The water seems to be coming from underneath the push-fitting collars if I had to guess:

SpectraPure
11/12/2014, 09:30 AM
Please call and ask for Jeremy in technical support. It appears that your stem reducer(s) may be where you are experiencing the leak, although with water running to the low point the leak may be elsewhere. Jeremy can help walk you thru a process to determine where the problem is originating.
bh

SpectraPure
11/12/2014, 12:46 PM
...and get you what you need to get running! Sorry for the delay!
bruce

HD29
11/20/2014, 03:15 PM
Has the office been on vacation? I can't seem to get through to anyone.

SpectraPure
11/21/2014, 11:35 AM
HD29,

I will be happy to send you a fitting.
1. remove the tubing.
2. remove the collet from the fitting. It is a little ring.
3. carefully remove the oring.
4. put a very small amount ofaquarium safe lubricant on the oring.
5. replace the oring.
6. replace the collet.
7. make sure tubing has a straight cut, and re-insert tubing.

This should stop any leak. Email me at [email protected] if you still need me to send a fitting.

Thank you for you patience.

Jeremy