PDA

View Full Version : French angel having scale issues

mskvarenina
11/06/2014, 10:13 PM
I have a beautiful French angel that's been doing just great for 9 months now in my tank. He started off about 2.5" and now is about 5" and just starting to transition to an adult.

Recently I introduced a Passer and Emperor angel into the tank and this French seems to chase them around a lot.

Over the past few days I started to notice some of his scales appear to have turned white. I'm not sure if this is purely from his aggressiveness and maybe scraping against the rocks as he chases the new fish away or if he's got some sort of disease.

I've been trying to snap a photo but he swims so quickly and never stands still long enough for a clear photo.

Has anyone heard of this characteristic of a disease? I'm hoping it's just from scraping the rocks as he swims which will probably heal on it's own.

mskvarenina
11/06/2014, 10:32 PM
I was just able to get this photo. Not the clearest but should give you an idea of what I am seeing. Could this be hexamita?

Newsmyrna80
11/07/2014, 05:38 AM
My angel looks like this sometimes (not as bad) but it goes away within a day or so. I think it's just her scraping against rocks as she's racing around.

avandss
11/07/2014, 08:59 AM
are the white scaled on both sides?

mskvarenina
11/07/2014, 11:29 AM
No, just on one side. His other side looks completely beautiful and bruise free...

dma1976
11/08/2014, 07:13 AM
My French Angel used to get these kind of marks occasionally when he scrapped up against rocks or coral. It used to take a week or so to heal. I would jst watch to make sure that he has no other signs.

Are they getting along any better now?

mskvarenina
11/08/2014, 09:19 AM
Yes looks like it's going away and there's still no blemishes on the other side. I'm guessing it's just abrasions from scraping against the rocks while chasing the new fish.

Sadly the Passer still just hides in the corner. He will come out to eat but if he's out too long the French will chase him back to the corner.

This may take a few weeks to iron out.