PDA

View Full Version : help with programming...

Lukel
11/09/2014, 08:59 PM
Hey... need some help... long story short... my pump needs a good wack to restart after power outage... The seal is messed up, new one didn't arrive yet. ... Any who I need to add a line to skimmer outlet to be off till feed a or something then it won't try to start till I'm ready to wack it...

morty
11/10/2014, 01:57 PM
I could offer some suggestions if I could decipher what your situation is.

By "pump" do you mean skimmer pump?
By power outage, are you referring to the skimmer outlet being powered off during feedings, and you want it to stay off until you manually restart it?
By "feed a" do you mean "Feed A"? And by "off till feed a" do you mean "off until AFTER Feed A"?

Lukel
11/10/2014, 02:17 PM
Thank you. ..
My hydro company is replacing the poles. .. As a result they are shutting off the hydro every other day... problem is skimmer pump needs some work... and can't restart without a good wack. .. I need to change the programming so that somehow I can reset it after a power outage to eb8. ..

aquamanic
11/10/2014, 02:24 PM
There's a round about way you can do it. You'll need to create a virtual outlet to act as a latch preventing the skimmer from starting.

[latch]
If Power EB8_3 OFF 001 Then ON

then in your skimmer add to the end:
If Outlet latch = ON Then OFF

note that the outlet 'latch' has nothing to turn it OFF, no Set OFF, nothing like that. So once it turns ON there's nothing ever to turn it off. Your skimmer then will stay off.

To get the latch outlet working again, you'll have to manually set it to OFF, wait a second or two, then set it to AUTO. It will stay that way (OFF) until the next power failure.

morty
11/10/2014, 02:36 PM
One approach you could try involves creating two virtual outlets. (This assumes you don't have your Apex connected to a 12v UPS.) The first one, "HoldSkimOff", is used for holding the skimmer off after a power interruption, the other, "RsetHoldSkim", is used for resetting the first.

Program for HoldSkimOff (important not to use a "Set" command for this virtual outlet):

If Power Apex OFF 000 Then ON
If Outlet RsetHoldSkim = ON Then OFF

Program for RsetHoldSkim:

Set OFF

Line to add at end of skimmer program:

If Outlet HoldSkimOff = ON Then OFF

After adding these outlets and programming, every time power is interrupted (or the Apex is rebooted) the skimmer should remain in an OFF state until you toggle "RsetHoldSkim" ON and then OFF again.

morty
11/10/2014, 02:40 PM
To get the latch outlet working again, you'll have to manually set it to OFF, wait a second or two, then set it to AUTO. It will stay that way (OFF) until the next power failure.

My experience has been that going to a "Manual OFF" and back to "Auto" makes it go back to its previous state. Perhaps I didn't leave it there long enough. At any rate, the second outlet I suggested will insure that it will reset.

Also, I would think that having timer line being 001 vs. 000 will have the skimmer pump attempting to start for a full minute before the outlet shutting off.

Lukel
11/10/2014, 02:45 PM
That's awesome. .. I will write the program and let you guys know how I made out!

aquamanic
11/10/2014, 02:58 PM
going to a "Manual OFF" and back to "Auto" makes it go back to its previous state

That's correct but the previous state at that time would be OFF.

I would think that having timer line being 001 vs. 000 will have the skimmer pump attempting to start for a full minute before the outlet shutting off

000 won't work unless you have battery backup. Once the controller restarts, it doesn't know the EB8 was OFF. By extending the OFF by 1 minute, you guarantee that the controller sees the EB8 as being OFF. It's not a Defer. It basically says 'If EB8_3 is OFF and for 1 minute after it goes ON, EB8_3 will show as OFF'

morty
11/10/2014, 03:10 PM
000 won't work unless you have battery backup. Once the controller restarts, it doesn't know the EB8 was OFF. By extending the OFF by 1 minute, you guarantee that the controller sees the EB8 as being OFF. It's not a Defer. It basically says 'If EB8_3 is OFF and for 1 minute after it goes ON, EB8_3 will show as OFF'

However, I didn't use the line "If Power EB8", I used the line "If Power Apex". (This assumes power is interrupted to the entire house.) This won't make a difference? 000 can't be used in either case without a UPS?

aquamanic
11/10/2014, 04:30 PM
you can only use If Power Apex if you have the 12v supplemental power going AND you have power monitor enabled.