PDA

View Full Version : Hi Fin Red Banded Goby or Yasha White Ray Shrimp Goby

moonyrat
11/09/2014, 10:01 PM
I recently lost my Yasha, and I want to getting a replacement friend for the candy cane pistol shrimp in my 30 gal. Yasha is a little over priced here in Canada with that price I can order a pair of Hi fin red banded goby. I want to hear your opinions as to what should I get for the shrimp. Thx!:thumbsup:

Jack

Crackem
11/09/2014, 10:48 PM
I've tried Yasha, yellow watchman, high fin and was about to give up. Then I tried a Randall's goby and it's a miracle. It's hard to spot feed him cause he's skiddish but at least they're paired up.

Fishmaster13
11/09/2014, 11:03 PM
I got a candy cane pistol shrimp and a hi fin red banded goby 2 weeks ago and they paired together immediately. This is my first time doing this relationship but it's worked great with the hi fin red banded Toby so that's what I reccomend. Not to mention it's cheaper ��

Fishmaster13
11/09/2014, 11:04 PM
Goby*

moonyrat
11/10/2014, 12:08 PM
I've tried Yasha, yellow watchman, high fin and was about to give up. Then I tried a Randall's goby and it's a miracle. It's hard to spot feed him cause he's skiddish but at least they're paired up.

Hi man, make sure you have a tight lid for your tank. I had a Randall for a month and then it jumped out at night......

moonyrat
11/10/2014, 12:09 PM
I got a candy cane pistol shrimp and a hi fin red banded goby 2 weeks ago and they paired together immediately. This is my first time doing this relationship but it's worked great with the hi fin red banded Toby so that's what I reccomend. Not to mention it's cheaper ��

A pair of hi fin that is! :)

peasofme
11/11/2014, 08:33 AM
i'm not into the yasha look at all

Fishmaster13
11/11/2014, 10:20 PM
Glad I could help! They are great. I personally like it more than the clownfish/anenomie relationship, partially because this one almost always works. If your having trouble finding the goby or shrimp, u can order them off of vivid aquariums. I ordered them separately and they still paired but they also sell them already mated for either $5 or $10 more. Good luck!

moonyrat
11/15/2014, 05:05 PM
Thanks man! but I'm living in Canada, they shipping cost kills the deal :hammer:

Glad I could help! They are great. I personally like it more than the clownfish/anenomie relationship, partially because this one almost always works. If your having trouble finding the goby or shrimp, u can order them off of vivid aquariums. I ordered them separately and they still paired but they also sell them already mated for either $5 or $10 more. Good luck!

Fishmaster13
11/15/2014, 11:58 PM
Oh. Well it was worth a shot. Good luck and enjoy!