PDA

View Full Version : Two large angels

wis
11/11/2014, 09:18 AM
So I went from a 125 gallon tank to a 250 gallon tank with the idea of more angel fish. I have had an Emperor for about 2 years. After my new tank was up and running I added a Majestic angel. The Emperor is about 6" and the Majestic is about 3" to 4". The Emperor started to keep the Majestic in the corner and would not let him out if he did come out the Emperor would chase him right back. I have been reading about using a mirror to distract a fish. I put the Emperor in the sump for the time being. Am I fighting a loosing battle here and should I pick one or the other or can this work. Need a little help here I thought for sure the tank would be large enough for to angels.

SDguy
11/11/2014, 09:20 AM
I'd personally keep the majestic and go with other, less aggressive angels. Emps, queens etc just get too big and mean, IMO, to easily mix them with other large angels.

humaguy
11/11/2014, 09:32 AM
agree with Peter...the emp can get very aggressive and also big, while the navarchus is the smallest of the large angels and also among the least aggressive...it will probably only get worse for the navarchus...

wis
11/11/2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the replies, that's they way I was going. Once the Emperor was going the Majestic is doing great, eating good and getting along with the other fish in the tank. Would you have and suggestions for other angels?

alton
11/11/2014, 01:07 PM
I like Blueface and Red Sea Regal Angelfish (But that's just me)

angelfish7
11/11/2014, 02:48 PM
Get a Scribbled or Personifer angel. I have an Emp but was added last and as a juvi.

Shanet
11/11/2014, 06:42 PM
I like Blueface and Red Sea Regal Angelfish (But that's just me)

I'm with him, I have a Regal and it's the best mannered and personable fish.

wis
11/11/2014, 08:33 PM
thx, I will start looking for a Regal. From what I am seeing on line the Red Sea Regal is the only way to go but they must be kind of seasonal as right now can't find any available.

alton
11/12/2014, 06:44 AM
thx, I will start looking for a Regal. From what I am seeing on line the Red Sea Regal is the only way to go but they must be kind of seasonal as right now can't find any available.

NYAquatic gets them in most often as far as online stores. Quality Marine has the larger ones, it is just harder to acclimate them to aquarium life. My larger one took two weeks before eating, my juvenile I got from NYAquatic ate the second day I had her.

alton
11/12/2014, 07:20 AM
Here ya go but you better not wait too long
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+18+422&pcatid=422

snorvich
11/12/2014, 09:19 AM
I'd personally keep the majestic and go with other, less aggressive angels. Emps, queens etc just get too big and mean, IMO, to easily mix them with other large angels.

I agree.