PDA

View Full Version : shrimp,green chromis and six line wrasse

Kenzo0
11/11/2014, 11:56 PM
Do six line wrasses eat shrimps ?

and how many green chromis can I keep in a 56 gallon tank? Is 5 alright?

and also can I keep a skunk cleaner shrimp,fire shrimp and a peppermint shrimp together or will they kill each other in a 56gallon tank?

alf1096
11/12/2014, 12:09 AM
The shrimp will be fine together. Six lines should leave the shrimp alone and I would say 5 chromis are fine but will be the majority of your fish. I would not add them all at once.

Xavibear
11/12/2014, 12:09 AM
5 chromis in a 56g will become 1.

gone fishin
11/12/2014, 12:54 AM
5 chromis in a 56g will become 1.

more than likely on the chromis, they will most likely kill each other off. Also, sixlines can be quite the bullies so it may seriously limit what you can add later. just my 2 cents

Pointboy
11/12/2014, 06:07 AM
Agree with what other posters have said about the Chromis; they will pick each other off. Watch out for the Six Line wrasse; they are great fish that have wonderful personalities but can also be terrors in the aquarium. I had one that was fine for over a year and then all of a sudden tried to kill other fish in the tank. He now lives in isolation - search about them you will find that most people either say they are fine or they are too aggresive.

formsix
11/12/2014, 06:50 AM
Re: the shrimp, you certainly can keep one of each. You might want to consider a pair of one instead though -- shrimp of the same kind tend to at least hang out near one another, and may occasionally spawn.

In my 75g I have a pair of fire shrimp, a pair of striped cleaners, and 1 peppermint shrimp. Each type of shrimp has a different territory in the tank, and they don't interact with the others. Not that the pairs interact all that much, but they do stick together do the same things at the same time.

Though with a Six Line, there is the possibility that your shrimp might all stay out of sight anyway - Six Lines seem to be one of those fish that are highly variable in their levels of aggression in our tanks.