PDA

View Full Version : Recent Feedback

BlueZooAquatics
11/12/2014, 10:34 AM
Hey guys. We have said it many times in the past but it is worth repeating. Most of the time, if you have a good experience with a company, you walk away with a smile on your face and satisfaction in your heart but are not inclined to tell people about it. If you have a bad experience for whatever reason, almost everybody is inclined to tell the world. There is always a disproportionate amount of disapproving comments compared to actual positive experiences so we wanted to share with you a few emails we have gotten recently from people so happy with their experience they felt inclined to write.

BlueZooAquatics
11/12/2014, 10:35 AM
A customer from South Carolina wrote:

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that received the box with all the fish for this order by 10 AM today. Everything looks great!

The zebra dartfish and the wrasse are especially LARGE - thanks!

And the cleaner shrimp seem much more lively this time.

BlueZooAquatics
11/12/2014, 10:37 AM
A customer from California wrote:

Just wanted to let you know that my order came right on time this morning. Everything I ordered was in excellent condition and has acclimated beautifully! I was also impressed with the packing job and acclimation packet.

I also want to thank you for all the help you gave me on the phone before I placed my order. You guys are my new favorite fish store! Thanks so much!

BlueZooAquatics
11/12/2014, 10:38 AM
A customer from Florida wrote:

Your company does it right. This was the best online livestock order I have ever received. Perfect healthy livestock, exceptionally good packing and shipping, top notch customer service including internal communication between order takers and the order pullers and the accounting department. Other companies can only wish they were this good. I couldn't be happier and I'll never order from any other company in the future.

BlueZooAquatics
11/12/2014, 10:40 AM
A customer from Oklahoma wrote:

I slow drip acclimated everything from 10am until 2pm and started introducing everything to my system shortly after. The chromis are all very happily schooling in the main column as a couple pairs go about exploring on occasion. The Scopas has taken refuge in the corner, but I am able to watch it and seems content and well at this point as well. This batch of shrimp may have been the least fearful Iíve ever received. As I moved them from the drip bowl to the tank a few sought cover in the rock as expected, but most of them explored openly around the tank and even my hand. The snails and crabs are all going about their detrivorious duties across the glass and sand beds.

All in all, another terrific supply of livestock. Thank you!

BlueZooAquatics
11/12/2014, 10:41 AM
A customer from Alaska wrote:

Ordering fish from Alaska is not an easy thing to do but you make it easy. The trip for the fish take two days instead of the normal one day but all the fish I ordered were still alive and swimming when I received them the other day. Your staff was very helpful when I called and talked to them about what fish would have the best chance to survive the extra time in the bags. We went through each and every fish that I wanted before I ordered them. Not only are your prices very competitive you also donít charge anything extra to ship to Alaska. This will keep me coming back for all my fish needs.

Thanks for the great service.

BlueZooAquatics
11/12/2014, 10:42 AM

I just received my dwarf lion fish... an I am very pleased to say he/she is really impressive- solos etc.. I will be sure to order from Blu-zoo again!
thank you

BlueZooAquatics
11/12/2014, 10:46 AM
A customer from Minnesota wrote:

Just wanted to drop you a line on my last order. One of the best orders I have received from an online aquatics retailer. 100% survival rate (2 sea hare, 20 blue chromis, velvet sea slug, lawnmower blennie, fox face, kole tang, tiger jaw fish and dart fire fish). Excellent packaging, love the square bottom bags. Will be purchasing all of my fish from you in the future.

BlueZooAquatics
11/12/2014, 10:47 AM
A customer from Ohio wrote:

Hi there,
I just wanted to let you know that my order arrived safely, all looks well. No DOA's and keeping fingers crossed all continues on this path. I also wanted to mention, that the angel in my order is amazing!! As are the Spotted Sea Hares. The hares hit the rock runnin and haven't stopped eating yet... :)
I'm sure you mostly only hear about the bad stuff.. just wanted to say thanks for another nice order!

BlueZooAquatics
11/12/2014, 10:48 AM
A customer from Arkansas wrote:

Good afternoon Blue Zoo Crew,

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the customer service I have received from you thus far. I had a DAA shipment a few weeks ago and the entire experience thus far has been confidence inspiring. I have spoken to Greg on several occasions now and he has always been very helpful and friendly. He has even been kind enough to check on the size of a fish for me to make sure it wasnít too big for my tank. Unfortunately it was, but its things like that which people like me really remember. Iím sure Greg is tired of seeing a 501 area code pop up but he is helpful and friendly as can be each time. I will keep checking back daily for fish on my list. I look forward to using the store credit you were nice enough to provide me with.

Thank you for such great customer service!

BlueZooAquatics
11/17/2014, 02:55 PM

Dear Blue Zoo Aquatics Associate:

The majestic angelfish and coral are really beautiful. Thank you for selecting such fine specimens!
Take care

BlueZooAquatics
12/04/2014, 10:22 AM
A customer in Kansas wrote:

This is the first time I have ordered anything from Blue Zoo and I want to let you know how pleased I am with Everything.

The response to my order was lightening fast and scheduled to arrive on the day I requested. All the animals were packaged with care, Every one arrived Looking healthy and well cared for. I was also impressed and grateful for all the little extras you included to make acclimation smooth and easy. The information, the drip line and stress coat were a huge help. I also like the food sample you sent. I was amazed when my animals were actually delivered by 10:00AM and in December at that. I live in a rural area and rarely see a delivery that early even live animals. I was relieved to see that the FedEx person exhibited care when handling my package.

All my creatures have been acclimated into my tank and are doing wonderfully. 2 wrasses, 2 cleaner shrimp and a Sea Hare. After such a terrific experience, I Will be ordering from Blue Zoo again in the future.

Thank you for doing such a wonderful job!

This person sent another follow up email:

I also wanted to say thank you for mentioning in your instructions about some animals playing dead or looking lifeless. I expected the Wrasses might but they didn't. the sea hare though was floating on it's back and rigid. Even though there was no ink in the bag, at first I thought it might have expired since I'd read posts of people saying their sea hares were found dead looking like that. I decided to give it a chance and acclimate it anyway as instructed. sure enough. after the bag was left alone for awhile with a very slow drip I noticed it turning it's head. It got livelier over time and I gave it a good 4 hour acclimation then gently placed it onto the sand bed. It started to grab onto my hand when I lifted it out of the bag and began happily foraging minutes after placing it into my tank.

Just wanted to let you know in case any of the sea hares people found rigid were not actually dead. I certainly hope they didn't dispose of any live sea hares. I think it might have just done that because it couldn't get a good purchase on the bag in transit and it was the best way for it to protect itself.

NiTr0x911
12/06/2014, 07:49 AM
I've always had a perfect Transaction with Blue Zoo.Huge selection great prices and customer services A+++

DaisyDog
12/28/2014, 11:24 AM
I have had nothing but troubles with the Blue Zoo and would not let my worst enemy purchase anything from them.

BlueZooAquatics
12/29/2014, 03:39 PM
DaisyDog, sorry you feel that way. Is there anything we can do for you?

BlueZooAquatics
12/30/2014, 01:27 PM
A customer from Indiana wrote:

Hey, got everything and the fish are awesome. Acclimated and eating alreadyÖSo far cleaner shrimp is surviving..I do have one question, the blue throat tends to get very close to carpet anemone, will they naturally avoid contact with those? Not sure if they see many where they come fro and would much rather get rid of the carpet and clowns than have the fish get stung, stress out or die.. Thanks again your fish are amazing! Thanks

BlueZooAquatics
01/07/2015, 04:33 PM
A customer from Tennessee wrote:

Just wanted to say thank you for the great service and the wonderful fish. Your company is awesome! You went out of your way not once but TWICE for me. Adding to and changing my order at the very very last minute. Everything I ordered is healthy and most of all alive! I'll never order from any other company but this one. I highly recommend you to everyone I know that has saltwater fish. I ordered a blue starfish and it was the small one. The one I received is a big as my hand and is a beautiful color blue. Absolutely everything was perfect and was right on time. Looking forward to my next purchases. Great work!!!!

BlueZooAquatics
01/13/2015, 10:04 AM
A customer in Ohio (Go Buckeyes!!!) wrote:

I just picked up my package I am acclimating everything thing right now, but I just wanted to thank you for the great packaging and the extra heat packs. I have been very impressed with your company and your great customer service. Thank you so much for going above and beyond for every order I have received from you!!!!

johnike
01/14/2015, 05:07 AM
Happy birthday!!
:wave:

:beer::beer::beer:

Looking forward to my next order, it's been a while.

fearyaks
01/15/2015, 06:51 PM
Hi BZA folks. I placed an order last week, and one of the fish was DOA. I contacted customer service and they questioned the veracity of my claims because the water was still 'very clear', disregarding the fact that I live ~ 30 miles from BZA... and the fish was probably only in the bag for ~ 8 hours or so.

After a number of email exchanges, I stopped hearing from BZA. I would simply like to receive credit or get another fish.

This is not the first time I've received an order from BZA... every other time I've had a good experience. I am close to contesting this order with my CC company which I'd really rather not do.

BlueZooAquatics
01/16/2015, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the update. Can you give us more information like an order number so we can look up the status of the claim for you? Sorry, but there is not much to go on in this post. Also, if you can, start a new thread next time so existing threads can stay on topic. :)

If you are that close to us, then your actual transit time on orders is longer than if you were on the East coast. The boxes get put onto the FedEx trailer at around 6PM PST. If you receive your order at 10:30AM PST, then your package has been all the way to Oakland or even sometimes Memphis and then back to you for a transit time of 16.5 hours. If you were on the East coast and your package was delivered by 10:30 EST, because of the time difference, your package would have been in transit 13.5 hours. It's actually a big advantage if you are on the East coast to buy from West coast suppliers because the animals are in the boxes for less time. Just an FYI.

Also, if you are that close to our facility, we do offer a will call service for local customers. The will call hours are Tues-Thurs from 3PM to 6PM and Fri from 12PM to 3PM. Just place an order and ask for a will call in the notes section.

Hope all that helps.

fearyaks
01/16/2015, 09:04 AM
Sure!! The order number is 942203

And yes, I think next time, I'll just pick it up to avoid any problems!

BlueZooAquatics
01/16/2015, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info. Your account does show a pending credit claim which has a completion date of 1/20. Hope that helps.

fearyaks
01/16/2015, 12:41 PM
Perfect, thanks very much for your help!

BlueZooAquatics
01/16/2015, 12:49 PM
Not a problem at all. Glad we could help.

BlueZooAquatics
01/21/2015, 05:03 PM
A customer in Ohio simply wrote:

Order arrived today. You guys always do such a great job. Thanks!

BlueZooAquatics
01/26/2015, 10:17 AM
A customer from Oklahoma wrote:

Hi, I received my first of many orders from you today. I am very impressed on the condition of the fish I received and the care given in the shipping process. Night and day compared to other companies I've order from in the past.

BlueZooAquatics
02/04/2015, 11:30 AM
A customer from Texas wrote:

I just wanted to let you guys know how impressed I was with your delivery of the fish I purchased. Packing, Instructions, etc were the best I've seen, period. The fish arrived healthy and is in the tank happy. Well done everyone!

BlueZooAquatics
02/05/2015, 03:01 PM
A customer from Iowa wrote:

Just wanted to let you know everything arrived healthy and well packed as usual. Your packaging and livestock health always blow the other guys away....even my local store.

BlueZooAquatics
02/10/2015, 04:37 PM
A customer in Massachusetts wrote:

Thank you so much for your quick response. Makes me feel good that you all care. My business will be with this company always...

dangros
02/14/2015, 07:01 AM
I have not been as fortunate with my service from BlueZooAquatics. I ordered 3 fish, feather dusters, and a tiny cleanup crew. The point was to introduce the fish together so there would be less chance of territorial issues. Instead, BlueZoo withheld the one fish I really wanted and the purpose of the order. It was a blonde naso. I was not given any notification before it was sent. I could have been contacted by phone or email but, instead the order was shipped incomplete. I would have rather of waited. To add insult to injury, the acclimation kit that was thrown into the order had a 3' hose instead of the 6' line required to reach the floor from any standard tank.
The next day, I noticed a change in the order so I called only to the the hard goods person. I also left a message to have someone from the fish side call back but never received that call.
Today, I found the remains of the jawfish. The tang and other items in the order seemed to be in fine shape but my experience is clearly negative and to have no response to my question as to why the incomplete order was still shipped without my ok is beyond me and poor customer service!

BlueZooAquatics
02/16/2015, 12:49 PM
Thank you for the update and sorry you had an issue. We would like to remind folks to start a new thread if there is a new topic to be discussed.

If you can, please get in touch with us via phone 888-479-2583 or email [email protected] You probably have a re-ship on the missing item which would be sent to you when ready. With items like Naso genus tangs, this is fairly common because of how sensitive they are to shipping stress. If there are any signs of a problem with the animal, the rest of the order will be released in most cases. You did not provide a name or an order number so it is hard to tell what is going on your particular situation or even to check on any loss claims for you.

We are of course more than willing to help but please get in contact through either of the channels listed above. Thank you and take care.

RennyRen
02/17/2015, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately, my first interaction with BlueZoo was good. I ordered 6 cuttlefish eggs and was refunded on the ones DoA. However, I ordered 10 more after and none of the ten were viable, which was a huge chunk of money lost. I candled through the net every three days and saw nothing develop.

Never received a response back from BZA customer service about this batch. Sorry, but don't think I would shop with them again :(

BlueZooAquatics
02/24/2015, 10:17 AM
A customer in Illinois wrote:

Hi, I just wanted to let you know fish arrived safe and sound and gorgeous!! Thanks so much for the extra shrimp!! This was the first time I have ordered through the mail and am very pleased!! Will do again.
Once again thanks so much for the great service.

BlueZooAquatics
03/13/2015, 05:18 PM
A customer in California wrote:

Hi I just want to let you know that I received my order this morning complete and all the fish was in perfect condition,

Thank you

BlueZooAquatics
03/26/2015, 01:36 PM
A customer in North Carolina wrote:

Hello
Yesterday I received my shipment of corals, not only did these corals arrived package very well but they were amazingly beautiful and healthy beyond belief. I've placed orders with other companies I must say Blue Zoo is far better than the others. I look forward to placing another order in the near future

BlueZooAquatics
03/30/2015, 05:19 PM
A customer in Tennessee wrote;

Thanks BZA, this was an outstanding order with fish that were in great health and eating on the day they arrived. You've restored my faith in ordering online and I'm very grateful. I just regret missing out on the venustus angel I've been wanting for at least 5 years now!

Baldwin
04/03/2015, 03:18 PM
I had a very bad customer service experience with them, unlike the other "anonymous" persons here. I have a partial credit on file, but it's honestly not worth it for me to do business here anymore. Keep it.

BlueZooAquatics
04/03/2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks for letting us know. We try very hard to make sure that every single person has a great experience with our company. I am sure we can help you. Please email [email protected] and let us know what we can do to make sure you are happy with our service. Take care.

cbm369
04/04/2015, 10:18 AM
Another positive experience from BZA. Received 4 Butterfly fish yesterday and all in excellent condition, size and color were great! All eating by the afternoon.

Thanks Again

johnike
04/05/2015, 05:18 AM
Great order for me this week, all 8 fish are doing great!

Baldwin
04/05/2015, 04:44 PM
One thing is certain i will read the reviews of others before i order from another company.

BlueZooAquatics
04/05/2015, 07:47 PM
Thank you everyone for the comments. We absolutely appreciate the support. Happy Easter to all.

Here is a quick "Thank You" tip for all of the positive people who make our jobs fun. The yearly Easter sale launches tonight and lasts all week. The coupon code has not been release yet but here it is

HPPYEASTER15

Enter this code for a whopping 20% off all livestock items not already on sale or already discounted due to lot pricing. The sale runs from 4-5-15 to 4-10-15.

Take care everyone!

BlueZooAquatics
04/09/2015, 10:14 AM
A customer in Illinois wrote:

Thank you for exceptional service and quality livestock at reasonable prices. My purchase experience with Blue Zoo Aquatics was phenomenal, effortless and convenient. Our shipment arrived safely and on time with FedEx. We really appreciated the care that went into the packaging of our fish babies and the added acclimation care package which was included free of charge as well. The Starry Blenny we ordered came a little larger than we were expecting (which is perfectly okay) he is really healthy, robust and has made a fun/comical addition to our fowlr tank. The Clown Goby and Citrus Goby are colorful and liking all the branch coral we have provided for hiding/perching areas. The Mandarin Goby also arrived a little larger (again okay) but just as healthy and colorful as his tank mates. The 5 Pajama Cardinals are really enjoying the fact that they are the only fish in our 75 gal (for the time being) and are doing well. And last but certainly not least is the very tiny Sexy Shrimp. I have to admit I was a little worried about this tiny guy so introduced him first to the tank. I let him go on the live rocks, waited and gave him plenty of time to become acquainted with his new home before I added everyone else. It has been a week and all are happy, eating/foraging and providing our family with enjoyment. Thank you Blue Zoo! You will forever be our only "go to" online fish store.

indyjaco
04/09/2015, 11:08 AM
Placed an order today.

I'll report back when it arrives tomorrow.

A_CoupleClowns
04/09/2015, 05:01 PM
Last Thursday we ordered an Aussie Dussumieri tang, a Purple tang and a Naso tang. They arrived Friday morning just as planned.

The Dussumieri is going to be the the centerpiece of our tank and is it ever a good looking fish. Very active and eating pellets like a puppy dog. Thanks for the awesome Dussumieri Blue Zoo!

BlueZooAquatics
04/09/2015, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the update. Could you post a picture or two? :)

indyjaco
04/10/2015, 07:37 AM
Got all 6 fish today this morning, they are all looking healthy and well.

BlueZooAquatics
04/10/2015, 01:26 PM
Thank you for the update. We certainly appreciate it. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your new fish.

Take care.

BlueZooAquatics
04/13/2015, 11:00 AM
A customer from Arizona wrote:

Dear Blue Zoo,
My appreciation for the shipment! The fish appear to be really good specimens and the Moorish Idol is already eating while in protective isolation. I am very happy with the order and I really liked the packing with instructions and extras. Good to know that while some web sites are rip-offs, yours is exceeding expectations. While I picked a delicate fish, I feel my chances are better with your business.

johnike
04/14/2015, 04:28 AM
Two weeks ago I ordered fish and dry goods.
Fish are fine still, dry goods got oopsied somehow and I had to call and see what happened to them. One phone call, and it was all straightened out yesterday even threw in second day USPS for me. :)
Poop happens.

A_CoupleClowns
04/15/2015, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the update. Could you post a picture or two? :)

I will see what I can do. The macro lens and camera seem to scare the fish in QT for some reason :lmao:

Such a great looking fish though, juvenile and already starting to show some blue on the body.

BlueZooAquatics
04/15/2015, 04:05 PM
A customer in Texas wrote:

Just letting you know, the order of the crabs arrived quickly and safely, acclimated fine. Thank you very much for offering such great quality pets. Enjoy the rest of your week.

BlueZooAquatics
04/17/2015, 01:32 PM
A customer in Massachusetts wrote:

hello I wanted to write your company and say I was super happy on what I ordered my powder blue tang was healthy and fat no problems and the same with my chocolate tang both looked perfect it was my first time ever ordering off line. i am a very picky guy with my hobby please let me know a price on a black long nose tang thank you

BlueZooAquatics
05/06/2015, 03:59 PM
A customer from New Jersey wrote:

Very happy with my purchase from blue zoo you have an awesome company and I would recommend everyone to do business with your company. I will be a customer for a long time. I plan on ordering from you guys again in the near future. You guys are awesome.

BlueZooAquatics
05/12/2015, 11:01 AM
A customer from Indiana wrote:

I wanted to write and say how pleased I am with my order... This is my first order from you and I am very impressed with the care taken in packaging and the quality of the livestock... All animals arrived healthy and are doing well right now. I will definitely be ordering again.

Sn8kbyt
05/22/2015, 04:30 AM
My first order from them...hope it is nearly as good as you all say.

BlueZooAquatics
05/22/2015, 10:56 AM
Thank you for the order. We absolutely take care of you. :)

NiTr0x911
05/23/2015, 05:05 PM
Thank you for the order. We absolutely take care of you. :) Agree 100% from my dealings with BlueZoo.

koko maung
06/05/2015, 01:52 AM
I just placed the order and it's coming in on sat!

Sn8kbyt
06/06/2015, 12:44 AM
My first order from them...hope it is nearly as good as you all say.

The order exceeded my expectations, and couldn't be happier.

BlueZooAquatics
06/19/2015, 10:32 AM

I am very impressed with your service. The fish are beautiful, and thanks so much for the care package! I will definitely be ordering from you guys. WOW!

BlueZooAquatics
07/09/2015, 10:58 AM
A customer in New Jersey wrote:

Just wanted to say a quick thank you for everything. Have made 4 purchases and I'm very happy with all of them. Alive and well across the board.

Thanks

BlueZooAquatics
07/14/2015, 10:52 AM
A customer in Tennessee wrote:

I wanted to thank you for the care and attention you gave on the shipping of my order. I picked them up at Fedex this morning at a little after 8. The extra cool pack really helped, The entire order looked great and arrived at a temp of 78 degrees on a day when the local heat index is to be 105 to 108.

Good job and Thanks

BlueZooAquatics
07/16/2015, 11:09 AM
A customer in Colorado wrote:

You sent me the most beautiful fish I have ever seen! He is even prettier than my majestic angel. I keep looking in the tank because I can't believe it. (Red margin fairy wrasse)

Thank you!

BlueZooAquatics
07/17/2015, 11:57 AM
A customer from Texas wrote:

I just received my first order from your company and couldnít be happier. I have been in the hobby for over 20 years but had a break in really paying attention to my reef tank for several years after a move. I had been out of the hobby for so long, I really didnít even know who to order from anymore when I decided to re-do my reef tank. Most of the companies I used before are gone. So, I just guessed and went with the company with the nicest looking corals that seemed to have fair prices and a great shipping rate/policy. I really had no expectation for the corals to be as large and healthy looking as they did. Thank you very much for the good experience, which, as Iím sure you know, doesnít always happen in his hobby.

Will definitely be a returning customer.

reef_fish
07/17/2015, 02:25 PM
Recieved my Bartlett's Anthias, and Multicolor Anglefish a few days ago. Packaging was good, the fish salinity was at 1.020. And both fish were eating pellets two hours after getting them into quarantine. Couldn't be happier.

BlueZooAquatics
07/22/2015, 12:05 PM
A customer in Wyoming wrote:

I appreciate you fixing my mistake so quickly and I look forward to doing more business with you! Everything I've ordered from you arrived looking great and they are doing really well in their new home! Once again, thank you for your time.

gablett
07/22/2015, 01:00 PM
Just placed my first order with you guys last night. Actually had an order issue that didnt move it into processing that you guys fixed in about 30 seconds. Super excited to see how it goes. I had always used another large online fish vendor before but have been having decreasing success with them so wanted to give you guys a shot. Ill be sure to leave feedback!!

gablett
07/23/2015, 02:46 PM
Got my package today. I hope first impressions are true, because it was very positive. Fish were very well packaged. Accurately sized for what I ordered. The wall hammer was larger than what I ordered. Very healthy looking. Tons of water in the bag and the bag temps were just fine. I really really like that they include the water additive, food, and acclimation tubing. That shows a lot of forethought and concern for your success and the animals survival. I decided to try the blue life safety stop from them as well. I think I will be doing that every time. With each successive step in the acclimation process the fish got more vibrant, active, and healthier looking through the A&B process. Acclimating them to the tank water being the first step, they looked like typical stressed fish, but they totally changed with each step and were very actively swimming in the buckets by the time they were added to the tank.

So I think I found my new go to place for fish. I hope they make it, but its nice to have a warranty to back it up in case something does happen. And how can you beat free shipping over $140??!! A+ job guys.

P.S. They were having issues with their credit card processing so they actually shipped me my stuff without the payment actually processing. Trust me, I trust you!

BlueZooAquatics
07/24/2015, 01:38 PM
A customer in Oklahoma wrote:

Very impressed with Blue Zoo!! Got my order & I'm super happy with my Elysia Crispata Sea Slugs. They are eating Bryopsis & looking very pretty.
Got my Midas Blenny from Blue Zoo too....over a year ago & it is still HAPPY & WELL!!

Thank You AGAIN!!

coolxborg
07/31/2015, 10:36 AM
Ive only ordered once from Bluezoo. While it hasnt gone perfect (Only sent three Anthias when I ordered four and two of the three DAA), it hasnt been a bad experience.

My order was over $200 initially but since some of my order were not sent, meaning my order was now under $200, I still received the free Zoas.

As for the 2 DAA fish, I received a timely credit from them.

Even if I didnt have credit with Bluezoo, I would still order from them. Thanks!

maddhugan
08/09/2015, 12:48 PM
Order#903839

here is what I ordered

40 chromis
2 clownfish
4 cardinals

All the fish were packaged in relatively small bags with very little water (trying to save on shipping?) They can't even keep the fish alive for 16 hrs? That's terrible.

15 chromis were Dead on arrival, and they all had red sores on their body. I called and emailed them ahead asking whether they had any chromis related Uronema infestation, but they said they didn't. Nest day only 6 chromis remaining, and all other chromis died of red ulcer (URONEMA).

Chromis is not an easy fish (when ordering in bulk and with this Uronema problem), so let's move on to other fish.

One clownfish's tail was missing, while the other looked good.

Two cardinals were packaged in slightly bigger bags than the other two. The ones in the smaller bag were DOA.

I truly hate online fish venders who use small shipping bags and very little water to save few bucks and kill fish. I really don't expect 1 week live guarantee but I expect them to come alive and live and healthy.

I'm truly surprised how other ppl are having positive experience with Bluezooaquatics, are they fake? want to get to the bottom of it.

Please see URONEMA CHROMIS AND OTHER DOA.
This is the worst online purchase I ever made, and lost $200. I forgot to mention one thing, yeah they will give you a lawnmover blenny free because I bought more than $200 dollars, and he seems to very healthy. lol.

I got a $200 lawnmower blenny.

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/image1_zpsjkzouvox.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/image1_zpsjkzouvox.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/uronema_zpsr7ia6ugi.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/uronema_zpsr7ia6ugi.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/DOA1_zpsc09uli2g.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/DOA1_zpsc09uli2g.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/Cardinal%20DOA1_zps5n5xspwj.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/Cardinal%20DOA1_zps5n5xspwj.jpg.html)

maddhugan
08/09/2015, 01:05 PM
I only 6 chromis left alive out of 40 chromis I ordered
have only one clownfish left alive out of two clownfish I ordered (how can they screw up an ordinary clownfish order?) I have no idea.
have two left out of four in cardinals.
one out of one free blenny alive.
waste of money. You know when I usually go to REDLOBSTER restaurant, I always order a sandwich instead of a real redlobster (trying to save money).A nd till this day I have never had that lobster, I mean never. And then waste $200 by buying dead fish through bluezooaquatics because they use very less water during shipment and then send diseased chromis?
not ok

I placed another order with Bluezooaquatics (even before receiving this order) and will cancel that first thing in the morning and will keep you guys updated.

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/uronema_zpsr7ia6ugi.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/uronema_zpsr7ia6ugi.jpg.html)

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/image1_zpsjkzouvox.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/image1_zpsjkzouvox.jpg.html)

BlueZooAquatics
08/10/2015, 12:34 PM
Thank you for a thorough and well thought out description of the problems you had. This case resembles a case we have in house currently involving what sounds like the same order. We will be sending a replacement shipment of all items lost at no charge at all once we investigate what might have happened and why you experienced such heavy losses.

Thank you for the continued business, we greatly appreciate it and promise you will have that beautiful school of chromis you desire. Take care.

maddhugan
08/10/2015, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the swift response

here is the update. I saw 2 chromis behind a pvc pipe this morning and rest of the chromis (only 2 out of 40 made it) died, that's exactly 5% survival. I think they started dying in the shipping bag itself and I prolonged their lives by few hours by acclimating. They had URONEMA but I don't think that's the primary reason for their death, I think it the low amount of water and shipping with it.

All I have alive now is
two cardinal
one clownfish
two chromis
one free lawnmower blenny that you guys gave

BlueZooAquatics
08/10/2015, 05:57 PM
Thank you for the update. Make sure to send that info to [email protected]

I am sure they will be awaiting that. Take care.

maddhugan
08/16/2015, 10:45 AM
MY first order was a disaster, most of the fish were DOA and remaining died in my QT.
Bluezooaquatics dealt with the issue as if it was one time mistake and it won't repeat again, but it turns out that's not true.

I think they have a third party vendor who ships fish in the name of bluezooaquatics, so the bluezooaquatics representatives really have no control over the shipment and customer requests.

Long story short, once again there was several DOA chromis and it is clear this time that the fish died due to URONEMA, and may not be due to shipping alone.

My main problem now is not about sick chromis (because I anticipated that) but because of the hippo blue tang they sent me.

The blue tang had severe ick, one bulged opaque white eye opened up (it didn't look like an eye but more like hanging white tissue with a worm inside it) and a red worm hanging on it. The tail was again missing, seemed like the tail got eroded away due to ick. Why did they once again ship a fish like that? In my previous order they shipped me a tail less clownfish. This truly doesn't seem like a mistake. The guy who ships fish seems to think that if he ships one or two severely sick dead fish while the others are in ok condition then he thinks he can save some money. Clearly no thought about reputation or credibility. I repeat it once again. This was not a mistake, but intentional. An effort to save money. He just mixes couple of bad ones with some good ones.

Absent mindedly I used the same net that I used to scoop up the dead blue tang in my display tank. Now I'm somewhat scared that the ick may come into my display. Well I have a strong UV sterilizer so I HOPE that prevents it from happening.

Let the photos speak for itself now. The red lesions you see is URONEMA on chromis. Usually I wait 48 hrs to treat any fish for medication but now I don't think I have time to wait. I will start the treatment today with chloroquine Phosphate.
even the living chromis in my QT tank has red sores on their bodies (please see photo). Last night alone another 10 chromis died of this red lesions. I'm going to treat them right away with chloroquine phosphate. I will update you on this, i.e., how they respond to CP medication.

Again, here is my question. why did they catch an eyeless/tail-less hippo blue tang with severe ick and sent it to me. They knew it will die. So the conclusion is that the third party vendor don't care about the reputation of bluezooaquatics, and they are willing to go through the hassle to save a buck for themselves. Clearly the guy who shipped the fish thinks he is invisible because he knows that he is hiding behind Bluezooaquatics and he also knows that it is the problem of bluezooaquatics and not his. I really don't think bluezooaquatics has much control over this nasty third party vendor.

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/11_zpsdzshf13m.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/11_zpsdzshf13m.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/12_zpsw0wveeba.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/12_zpsw0wveeba.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/13_zps5gfl0dpb.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/13_zps5gfl0dpb.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/8_zps1hpbk1q8.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/8_zps1hpbk1q8.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/9_zpsxzvsk76k.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/9_zpsxzvsk76k.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/4_zpsh1cz4ohd.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/4_zpsh1cz4ohd.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/2_zpse9xzjloc.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/2_zpse9xzjloc.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/3_zpsllsj4jrt.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/3_zpsllsj4jrt.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/14_zpsyz3b4hvc.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/14_zpsyz3b4hvc.jpg.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/7_zpsf57fuo1p.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/7_zpsf57fuo1p.jpg.html)

maddhugan
08/16/2015, 03:16 PM
the chromis from Bluezooaquatics started dying like there is no tomorrow. They develop red lesions and just drop dead. I have only 12 left and decided to treat them immediately. Just now added 15 mg/l of CP. 15mg/l also equals to 15 ppm. Let's see whether CP is able to arrest this URONEMA. If it does then it will be my anecdotal evidence in curing uronema. Will keep you all updated. look at the body count (please see photo)

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/treatment%20to%20begin_zpsqprvyhr5.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/treatment%20to%20begin_zpsqprvyhr5.jpg.html)

maddhugan
08/17/2015, 03:11 PM
the chromis from Bluezooaquatics started dying like there is no tomorrow. They develop red lesions and just drop dead. I have only 12 left and decided to treat them immediately. Just now added 15 mg/l of CP. 15mg/l also equals to 15 ppm. Let's see whether CP is able to arrest this URONEMA. If it does then it will be my anecdotal evidence in curing uronema. Will keep you all updated. look at the body count (please see photo)

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/gmadddu/treatment%20to%20begin_zpsqprvyhr5.jpg (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/gmadddu/media/treatment%20to%20begin_zpsqprvyhr5.jpg.html)

ok, so this is not a properly done study, more like my own anecdotal evidence just based on my own observation. Chloroquine Phosphate seemed to have stopped the death. Before the addition of CP chromis just died one for every hour. They develop the heavy red lesion and just died within an hour after that. even the ones that didn't have lesions developed the red lesions within 2 hours and died. But after the addition of CP only the heavy red wounded ones died whereas the ones that had mid red seem to heal. The ones that didn't have lesions never developed the red lesions after the addition of CP. Since last night my chromis (not my chromis but BLUEZOOAQUATICS's diseased Chromis) stopped dying. I have six of them since last night 8 p.m. with out any deaths, and it seems like these 6 may make it.
will update tomorrow about how these chromis are doing tomorrow.
should have started the treatment as soon as I got these fish instead of waiting for 24 hrs for the fish to recover from the shipping trauma, I'm positive I could have saved atleast 20 out of 38 instead of 6 out of 38.
I will keep you all posted and will post the photos of the ones that survived.

maddhugan
08/18/2015, 11:36 AM
Alright, here is the update. Three more chromis out of six died last night due to red lesions. They didn't have it before CP treatment and even with the CP treatment they developed it and died. I have 3 left. So in summary, if chromis has URONEMA then please don't buy it in the hope that you can treat this disease. It is simply not treatable (just my experience). It is waste of time, money and your energy. Also, you have to watch them die one after another which is painful and not good for your energy too. Just simply stay away from the supplier who sells chromis with URONEMA infection. Period. I'm posting this so that other hobbyist can learn from my mistake instead of they themselves going through what I went through. Because, most likely you won't get any desired results with treating this non-treatable uronema on chromis.

maddhugan
08/18/2015, 11:43 AM
Please don't take what I'm going to say to be a universal truth, but it is just my observation.
All my other fish are doing fine but only this chromis is getting wiped out with few hours. They usually get wiped out because of red lesions within 48 hrs. Chromis will be eating and happily swimming one minute and in next hr or so, they will be dead with red lesions. This disease seems to be chromis specific. No other fish that came in contact with these chromis developed this red lesions. This is very strange. If any one has more knowledge in this area please share your knowledge and I will appreciate it.

Arc Katana
08/26/2015, 11:18 PM
Just placed my first order with them Tuesday for Thrs delivery - six starki damsels. I've been waiting for these to show up in a group from anyone for quite a while - close to nine months now.

Got the Fed Ex tracking number and will be tracking it.

Maddhugan, CP won't do anything for bacterial issues, it is parasite only.

Arc Katana
08/27/2015, 03:11 PM
Just got my order in. Five of the six are looking good, one is struggling a bit. In acclimation now. Very impressed with the packaging of the fish. I'll make a new thread with pics.

BlueZooAquatics
08/31/2015, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the update. We greatly appreciate the business. Take care.

BlueZooAquatics
08/31/2015, 12:58 PM
A customer from Connecticut wrote:

Just wanna let you know as always you guys are amazing at BlueZoo! The only company I order from online ! There should be more companies out there that are at your level ... Amazing ! Thank you!!!

BlueZooAquatics
08/31/2015, 01:00 PM
A customer in Florida wrote:

Thank you Greg and your Associates, you provided me with a great shipment!!
You truly do have the best fish and service !!
I am a very happy repeat customer!

BlueZooAquatics
09/03/2015, 10:37 AM
A customer in Texas wrote:

Hello,

I received my order and I was quite impressed. I should have trusted forums and other sources then what I was going by. You guys in truly care about the health of your animals and the success of your customers. Mostly you don't fraud your customers.

Sadly, I can not say the same about other vendors. Once again thank you. My animals look great and they weren't skinny. Ate right when it was time to eat after following your drip instructions. You can expect me to post great things on yelp, fb, and forums!

Thanks

maddhugan
09/09/2015, 11:48 PM
If water is the reason, why did my 3 anthias come in DOA from live aquaria? They filled their bags 3/4 the way with water and 1/4 with air.

Did you just say 1/4" air? do you think they have a cylinder full of compressed air? I rest my case right there. I really hate to argue with you because there is no point.

maddhugan
09/10/2015, 12:11 AM
If water is the reason, why did my 3 anthias come in DOA from live aquaria? They filled their bags 3/4 the way with water and 1/4 with air.

Shifty
I have never placed an order with LA so I have no idea. My input was purely based on my observations with BZ. Live aquaria might be having some other problem which is irrelevant in this situation. May be LA sent you already dying fish that was starving and who knows what happened.

shifty51008
09/10/2015, 05:15 AM
Shifty
I have never placed an order with LA so I have no idea. My input was purely based on my observations with BZ. Live aquaria might be having some other problem which is irrelevant in this situation. May be LA sent you already dying fish that was starving and who knows what happened.

It shoudnt matter if the fish was sick or not according to you, your post above said if they shipped the fish in more water they would have survived.

I ment to say the bag had 3/4th water and 1/4 air. Not inches sorry.

Im just saying shipping is very hard on fish no matter how well you package them. Yes i dont order many fish because i have no need to as all my fish are happy and healthy so i dont have room to keep buying fish. But even the best fish places have die off's there is no way around it.

maddhugan
09/10/2015, 08:51 AM
It shoudnt matter if the fish was sick or not according to you, your post above said if they shipped the fish in more water they would have survived.

I ment to say the bag had 3/4th water and 1/4 air. Not inches sorry.

Im just saying shipping is very hard on fish no matter how well you package them. Yes i dont order many fish because i have no need to as all my fish are happy and healthy so i dont have room to keep buying fish. But even the best fish places have die off's there is no way around it.

and it has never crossed your mind that it might be oxygen and not air? you think they fill up 1/4th of the bag with air and not oxygen?

shifty51008
09/10/2015, 10:38 AM
and it has never crossed your mind that it might be oxygen and not air? you think they fill up 1/4th of the bag with air and not oxygen?

I dont know, never asked, but most companies including live aquaria does use oxygen to fill their bags when shipping. Ive even been to lfs's that use oxygen to bag up fish

dweber618
09/22/2015, 12:09 PM
Hello fellow reefers!

Today I received my first ever order of live fish. So far I have been very pleased with Blue Zoo and am happy to report that thus far, everything I've ordered is alive. It has only been a few hours - but other than a little stress, all of my fish appear to be in good health.

Here's what I ordered:
1 Yellow Eye Kole Tang
1 One Spot Fox Face
2 Clownfish
1 Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
1 Fromia Red Tile SeaStar

The Tang and Fox Face were shipped in black out bags. The Fox Face was (and still is) REALLY stressed out, so I think that was probably good for him. All of the fish sent were within the size specifications of what I ordered. The Fox Face was even a little bigger than I was expecting.

I used drip acclimation to acclimate everyone. It took about an hour and a half for the salinity to match - during the process I just made sure to empty out some of the water from the bucket to make sure there wasn't too much amonia build up. Currently the star fish is still being acclimated. I have a VERY slow drip and plan to acclimate it for another couple of hours. From reading forums online it sounds like my starfish is already doomed as they seem to be very hard to keep alive, but I'm hoping for the best!

All of the fish are in QT, and will be for at least the next 6 weeks during which I will treat for any potential disease/pests. Better safe than sorry.

Overall I'm very pleased with what I received. Shipping was really quick - the fish didn't ship out until the last minute Monday evening (around 6:30) and arrived promptly this morning at about 9:30.

maddhugan
09/24/2015, 11:21 PM
Hello fellow reefers!

Today I received my first ever order of live fish. So far I have been very pleased with Blue Zoo and am happy to report that thus far, everything I've ordered is alive. It has only been a few hours - but other than a little stress, all of my fish appear to be in good health.

Here's what I ordered:
1 Yellow Eye Kole Tang
1 One Spot Fox Face
2 Clownfish
1 Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
1 Fromia Red Tile SeaStar

The Tang and Fox Face were shipped in black out bags. The Fox Face was (and still is) REALLY stressed out, so I think that was probably good for him. All of the fish sent were within the size specifications of what I ordered. The Fox Face was even a little bigger than I was expecting.

I used drip acclimation to acclimate everyone. It took about an hour and a half for the salinity to match - during the process I just made sure to empty out some of the water from the bucket to make sure there wasn't too much amonia build up. Currently the star fish is still being acclimated. I have a VERY slow drip and plan to acclimate it for another couple of hours. From reading forums online it sounds like my starfish is already doomed as they seem to be very hard to keep alive, but I'm hoping for the best!

All of the fish are in QT, and will be for at least the next 6 weeks during which I will treat for any potential disease/pests. Better safe than sorry.

Overall I'm very pleased with what I received. Shipping was really quick - the fish didn't ship out until the last minute Monday evening (around 6:30) and arrived promptly this morning at about 9:30.

Hey man, I'm really happy for you. seems like they are doing an awesome job. I guess I was just unlucky. well I will try again with bluezooaquatics. Thanks for your feedback. This is how we learn.

maddhugan
09/24/2015, 11:51 PM
I dont know, never asked, but most companies including live aquaria does use oxygen to fill their bags when shipping. Ive even been to lfs's that use oxygen to bag up fish

shifty
I still disagree with you on lot of things but I do have to agree with you on something. sometimes it's good to keep my ego away and share the truth. ok here is the story. My powerful UV kept the ichs in control without a bloom but it kept getting worse, And shifty was correct on that. With Uv you can prevent a tank wipeout but to be successful hobbyist you need to kill the ich period.
I'm using chloroquine phosphate noe with my UV turned off. here is my update. Please don't use CP if you have corals. it will kill it. it is not reef safe. cp may not kill biological filtration (atleast that's what they say) but it will surely kill your corals. ok let's ask this. will it kill your shrimps? I truly don't know but I removed all the shrimp as well. my biopellet reactor is still running though, in the hope that CP is anti-protozoan and not anti-bacterial. I may be wrong. will let you all know soon. anyway, when you treat the QT with CP you will still see white spots for 4 to 7 days and please don't panic. CP cannot kill ich when it is in your fish's body but it will kill it when it falls off and gets into free swimming stage. Just after treating my fish had even more white spots. I waited for four more days and then I saw the spots disappear. not my fish is spot free. Please don't run UV when you treat your tank with CP. The UV will break down the CP and the effects will change. It doesn't matter if you get your fish from live aquaria or bluezooaquatics, always have a qt tank. do yourself a favor. well, I will keep my experience posted. so here is my experience:
1: after treating with CP just after two day the white spots increased and I thought the medication was not working
2: however after 3 days all spot disappeared and water seems cloudy
3: fish are eating well
It kind of makes sense why the white spots won't instantaneously disappear after treatment, the reason is that even CP can kill ich only in its free swimming stage. I will keep you all updated. btw I used ich shield powder from new life spectrum. they also sell new life spectrum ick shield food and that's useless since not all fish will eat them. please erveyone, feel free to critique my findings. that's how we learn

maddhugan
09/25/2015, 12:05 AM
Please don't think UV is useless. It will buy you time. It will prevent a ich bloom and prevent the fish wipeout. in few hrs or days. what I mean by wipe out is that if you don't have POWERFUL UV your fish may die of ich within 24 hrs but on the other hand if you have powerful uv such as emperor aquatics then your fish won't doe for months and you still have time to figure out things about treatment but don't rely on uv for ever. At some point you need to eliminate ich. period. But surely UV saves you money by preventing fish death which happens without uv in 24 hrs. Please don't even thing that the aquaultraviolet uv will help you on this situation. It will not , but the emperor aquatics HO unit will help you. this is just my experience.
However, if you want to be clear of the woods then just quarantine the tank and treat your fish with new life spectrum cp. The problem I had with this company is that the medication came without a seal. just a cap and a plastic container and when you open the container there is no seal. How would you know that this is authentic medication? well I put a pinch in my mouth and it tasted bitter. lol not a real way to find out but I still did it. stupid me. I won't get malaria atleast, if it was not tampered.

maddhugan
09/25/2015, 12:06 AM
uv will buy you the time you need so buy emperor aquatics. all other uv are garbage.

maddhugan
09/25/2015, 12:19 AM
Although I got DOA, the bluezooaquatics customer service is awesome and they refunded me the money for my lost fish. so be confident and buy from them. After all, any source you get your fish from will most likely have ich. Bluezooaquatics atleast has great customer service.
I will buy fish from them as soon as I figure out my QT procedure. THIS IS MY MSG FOR ALL HOBBYIST. PLEASSE SART BUYING ONLY AFTER YOU FIGURE OUT OUT QT PROCEDURE. TILL THEN TAKE A BREAK, AND FIGUR OUT THINGS.

dweber618
09/25/2015, 11:01 AM
Hello!

Well - the starfish didn't make it :( Which isn't something I am going to attribute to Blue Zoo - it arrived and looked very healthy and I had no concerns. Even after drip acclimating very slowly for about 4 hours, it still slowly started to disintegrate and melt away. It was still moving around, but this morning it had moved into the central area and was looking really bad. So, I cut my losses and removed him. Lesson learned - probably no more star fish for me. Again - I think they are just extremely fragile and sensitive and probably between the stress of shipping and change in water parameters it just couldn't hold up.

On a positive note - the four fish are all eating and adjusting well. My tang and foxface are getting along great given their cramped living quarters for the time being. The cleaner shrimp is healthy and happy as well. None of the fish are showing any signs of disease or illness. I will probably wait a few more days before I start dosing the medications.

So - as of today I'm still satisfied with my order! Thanks Blue Zoo!

eschulist
10/11/2015, 11:39 PM
Just wanted to share that I ordered from Blue Zoo about 2 weeks ago with a delivery of Tues. The package was shipped Monday night and in the morning I check the FedEx status and it says the fish were in Indianapolis (I live in Minneapolis). I thought maybe the tracking just didn't get update. Nope, it turned out all of BlueZoos shipments that day got stuck for 24 hours.

I got a call from a BZ rep Tuesday afternoon alerting me to the situation and making sure I knew the procedure if I had any loses when the package showed up Wednesday.

Sure enough 9am on Wednesday the package finally arrived. Some 40+ hours later I open the box to find all 3 of the fish I ordered had survived and were doing well. I followed their procedure and acclimated them as directed. I'm happy with the order and the quality of livestock that I received. I wish they would have shown up a day sooner to reduce the stress level even more but that was not the fault of BlueZoo.

cee
10/12/2015, 04:31 PM
First, let me say that I'm certain I've ordered at least ten times from BZA in the past several years. Up until recently, their customer service has been top-notch and the health of their livestock generally very good. I placed an order with the last week for 2 fish, the first of which was one of their Collector's Choice splendid fairy wrasses. The order shipped on Wednesday for Thursday delivery and arrived without delay. As I was at work, my wife started to acclimate according to their procedure. When the time came to begin adding water, she realized that the fairy wrasse had perished. She called me at work and I went home at lunch to document the DOA/DAA. I promptly called BZA only to get voice mail, after which I left a message. Followed-up with another phone call and 2 emails with no response.

It appears as though, after logging into my account on their website, that they are processing a replacement. This is excellent news but I'm a bit disappointed by their lack of communication on the matter. I'll give it a few days to see what transpires and update accordingly.

Dave

cee
10/12/2015, 06:26 PM
Update, they contacted me to authorize a replacement. The only downside is I have to pay shipping. Seems a bit out-of-sorts since the original fish arrived DOA. If they ship me a fish that survives I'll be fine with the turnout.

shifty51008
10/12/2015, 08:32 PM
Youll be hard to find a company that will cover the cost of shipping for replacements. With bz being one of the lowest if not the lowest companies that offer free shipping for how much you have to buy i am sure they are eating some of the cost of shipping.

But i am sure they will take care of you and get things worked out, they are a great company.

BlueZooAquatics
10/14/2015, 11:35 AM
To cee:

Mr. Anderson (said in best Agent Smith voice possible) :)

We have always taken of you on every single order dating back to around 2009 when you had that disaster with your ritteri anemone wiping your tank. Israel bends over backwards to sort through the Acropora tanks to try to find the exact species you are asking for on a skew (Catalina's Pick) which is really priced to sell the healthy Acros that don't have the best color quickly.

So really you should have no reason to think we wouldn't take care of you in this particular case. It's actually funny to us that you don't seem to realize that literally everybody in the company knows who you are and knows what is in your tank. You rarely say thank you for our hard work and never address any of us by name but we still always try our best to make sure you are satisfied.

So thank you for the business over the last 6+ years. We greatly appreciate it.

Your friends,

Israel, Josh, Greg, Wayne, Cynthia, Dennis, Eric and Paola

MrineLfRlz
10/22/2015, 07:49 PM
BZ is a great place to buy from i will for sure do business with them in the near future again. If there is a problem they will do what they can to make it right.
My replacement fish is doing great!
order#366247

BlueZooAquatics
11/13/2015, 11:17 AM
A customer from Pennsylvania wrote:

Received my order this morning. Just have to tell you how thrilled I am with my first purchase. Fish are better than expected and already eating. Can't thank you enough. I will be ordering again. The sea.....net of wonder forever.

P.S.-- Thanks for the extras.

BlueZooAquatics
11/13/2015, 11:20 AM
A customer in New Jersey wrote:

Thank you so much. Other than my lfs you are one of the most helpful, reliable online sites I will only deal with. Everything from the shopping experience, guarantee, live merchandise and information you provide me on a variety of topics. I know I am not a huge buyer but it's good to know you take care of the little "guy" as well

BlueZooAquatics
11/13/2015, 11:24 AM
A customer from Pennsylvania wrote:

Thank you. The Leopard Wrasse is doing great. She has been out eating pods since day 1, and is already eating frozen food!! Thank you for sending such an excellent fish.

dochoot
03/17/2016, 10:02 PM
Looking to place my first order and I admit the unhappy customers make it kind of hard.

BlueZooAquatics
03/18/2016, 10:40 AM
Hi dochoot,

I think in every business you are going to have people not happy in one form or another. But we ship a ton of animals and have way more happy customers than not hence the original reason for this particular thread. If we ship 150 orders a day, 148 people are going to be happy and go about their lives not mentioning that they were happy because that's what they expect. 1 person will be happy enough and of the type to let everyone know and then 1 person might be unhappy with something. That one person we will try very hard to make happy but sometimes you simply cannot.

Don't forget, if you have questions, you can always call us 888-479-2583. We absolutely answer the phone with a friendly greeting during normal business hours. Take care.

dochoot
03/18/2016, 10:46 AM
I tell you what, I will commit prospectively to post experience, good/bad.

BlueZooAquatics
03/18/2016, 10:54 AM
Ok sounds good. Take care. :)

fbodykiller
03/25/2016, 09:11 PM
I wish you guys would go back to posting more wysiwyg pics. You guys used to have a lot more of this.

olemiss reb
03/26/2016, 08:15 AM
I've placed 37 orders with BZ since 2008. There have been a few hiccups along the way, FedEx delays, and BZ has always been prompt issuing credits for the DOAs. I wouldn't keep ordering from them if they didn't have awesome customer service and quality stock.

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad181/jstari78/bz_zpslszyw2pc.jpg

BlueZooAquatics
03/28/2016, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the comments olemiss. We always appreciate the business and are always here to help. Hope that red devil is doing well for you.

fbodykiller, thank you as well for the comment. We do post as much as time allows to CC WYSIWYG but honestly the items sell really fast most of the time. We try to post between 20 and 30 items a day. Hopefully you are on our mailing list so you get alerted when there is an update. If not, join the newsletter through the site and you will get first crack at all the cool and rare stuff that gets posted.

Take care.

10steinke
04/06/2016, 05:07 PM
I centered my purchase from Blue Zoo Aquatics around a dwarf fuzzy lionfish. The lionfish got canceled from my order without me ever being informed. They issued me a refund for the fish but the whole point of the purchase was to get a dwarf fuzzy. They never gave me an option to cancel my order so now if I want a DFL I would have to pay an additional 40$ for shipping. I should have listened to the reviews of bad customer service because it cost me what I've been waiting so patiently for. I will be getting the rest of my purchases from the site I usually use because of their excellent service. Just my experience.

BlueZooAquatics
04/06/2016, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the forum 10steinke!

Sorry you did not get the lionfish you ordered but we take pride int he health of every animal we ship and this particular animal did not live up to our standards. You did state in another email that "all other livestock is looking very healthy" which is a testament to how we operate. Quality livestock at a reasonable price.

We wish you much success with your aquarium and do hope you are able to find a healthy fuzzy dwarf lionfish that you are looking for. If we can be of any other assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Take care.

10steinke
04/06/2016, 05:40 PM
It would have been nice to have been informed of the cancelled fish so I could have held off on my order until I was able to receive a "up to standard" lionfish. Then I would have got the fish this order was about as well as a good experience from another online retailer.

Jcreefer1
04/15/2016, 05:02 PM
Today I received a box of Pukani live rock from Blue Zoo.....to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. First off I have been in the hobby for over 25 years and keep a very successful SPS tank. I was setting up another reef tank and needed a few boxes of live rock. I decided to try 1 box before committing to the 6 boxes I need. I paid 100.00 to fedex it next day to make sure it arrived fresh. The rock was bone dry and there was only 2 usable pieces in the whole box and the rest was unusable rubble ! After being in this hobby a long time I know how some suppliers work. They get their shipment of rock in and do not unpack it but it just sits in the box as they sell through it. So your " fresh " rock has been sitting for days and weeks. You place an order and they just slap a sticker on one of the boxes sitting at their facility and send it off as fresh live rock. I don't know if that's what Blue Zoo does but it would be worse if this was how they picked and packed my box of rubble. I emailed them a few hours ago and have not heard back as of yet. I'm hoping they do the right thing for me. I will repost the out come. :furious:

dankoos
04/18/2016, 12:15 PM
If I place an order with you and it arrives at or before 10:30am and someone is there to accept the order, can the fish wait to be acclimated until I get home from work around 5:30pm?

spsrookie
04/21/2016, 12:42 AM
If I place an order with you and it arrives at or before 10:30am and someone is there to accept the order, can the fish wait to be acclimated until I get home from work around 5:30pm?

I know you may prefer to here from bza, but most likely not. Temperature would not be of concern in particular, but rather the ammonia level. The longer that bag sits, when you go to open it and the PH shoots up from the co2 expelling, that could be fatal. I would somehow arrange ad a day when you can be there to acclimate at arrival.

Some opinions may differ, but the fact is the longer it sits in a bag, the more ammonia will accumulate. Its possible you can swap the water out with matching temp and salinity, but I would hold off

CrayolaViolence
04/21/2016, 08:50 AM
Today I received a box of Pukani live rock from Blue Zoo....

I was going to ask about the Pukani Rock from here, because the photo on the website looks nothing like Pukani Fiji rock. I mean nothing. It might be the close up shot to show the "live" part" of FRESH live rock, but still. I would not expect this rock as fresh live, since they take a while to get it to you (at a very reasonable price I might add) but rather as boat rock. Boat pukani is usually shipped in card board boxes with some wet news paper. I have seen it come in covered in thick coralline algae, montipora, leathers, etc. all the way to nothing but shriveled dried sea weed stuck to the rock. However, I have seen more and more people buying/selling "fiji" rock, with the impression it's Fiji Pukani rock (which is a whole different creature) than other types of Fiji rock.
Now I have no idea what you got in your order, but have literally handled tons of the stuff for my LFS, I can tell you this. Some boxes come with larger pieces some come looking like they've been crushed (this stuff isn't tough rock either, it breaks off easily). Still. The crushed boxes should have at lest 2-5 usable large/med pieces in it. Also, these are 44 lb boxes. They are not very big. Large piece weigh, on average, 6-8 pounds. And that's pretty light.
No, I don't work for blue zoo...I'm just giving you a run down with my experience of having my hands on tons, literally tons of this rock. It's why I am so interested in their current sales price. It's a great deal BUT I can't tell if what they are offering is actually Pukani rock or Fiji rock they are saying or have been told is Pukani because, quite frankly, the photo is crap.
Pukani boat rock, RARELY looks that colorful (and only hours out of the box soaking wet). That photo us what you would expect with less than 24 hours out of the ocean. When you DO get boat rock with that kind of color I can almost guarantee you 90% will be lost in the curing process. It can be regained by curing it under a coral light and with a skimmer and feeding the rock, not just vat curing which also takes up to 5 weeks longer that skimmer curing and will most certainly guarantee nothing will EVER grow back (except the bacteria). But I've had some neat things come back on even boat rock if in the right conditions. I want to do an order of TRULY live, but the price plus shipping on their boat rock is VERY tempting. However I've emailed them asking for better photos and not received an email back. (maybe they are busy taking pictures). Pukani rock is very distinct. Once you've had your hands on enough of it you can tell if it's pukani rock no matter the density (which also ranges). I had boxes with 20 small pieces all really dense or 8 giant pieces all very light. I have a base ball size piece outweigh a basket ball sized piece, so where the rock is harvest has a big affect on the density. You might have very well received a typical box, and the next box over might have been atypical and had more too it. But boat rock is not shipped wet (except for some wet news paper usually to absorb rather than keep wet). Otherwise when you open it you'd die of the smell of decaying animal matter. If you want in-water rock you can go one of two ways. Buy it already cured (will cost you a lot more but it will arrive wet) or buy it FRESH off the airplane less than 24 hours out of the ocean and cure it yourself. Curing is an easy, although time consuming, space consuming, and can be VERY SMELLY process. Let's not for get the wonderful bristle worms hiding to sting you or in pieces waiting to sting you, or bobbit worms, etc. You can get some nasty bugs on truly live rock so you have to be ready to deal with them, which is why so many cure in a vat, let the ammonia levels spike to the point of poison, and kill off any critters.
Just my 2 cents. I am truly hoping they will send me photos I would REALLY like to buy some of this if it is Pukani rock, boat rock or not.

CrayolaViolence
04/21/2016, 11:19 AM
Finally got in contact with blue zoo---looking forward to seeing photos.

Jcreefer1
04/23/2016, 08:04 PM
Greg from Blue Zoo called me and sent me a second box of rock free of charge....this box came in very well packed and looked very nice with all pieces usable and very little rubble.....thank you blue zoo

viafina
05/04/2016, 11:51 AM
First time placing an order with these guys and this was the best online order yet Hands down! The coral are healthy and much bigger than expected...almost too big~* my Royal gramma was out and about looking for food in less than an hour acting like he owned the place, the Randall's pistol shrimp settled in nicely unfortunately on the other side of the tank from my watchman but perhaps they will bump into each other soon, both new fish, shrimp, and corals are doing nicely a day later and oh yea they also sent a cool little care package for the acclimation.

*Thanks, you guys are great*