PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 5s app

Holyreefer
11/13/2014, 10:21 PM
I have my internal connection through the apex setup, but i bought a new phone and my settings didn't transfer when i logged into my icloud account. Can someone help me with this?

slief
11/14/2014, 09:38 AM
I assume you already had port forwarding setup as well as a DynDns account to manage dynamic DNS. If so, you will need to use your dyndns url/web address in the Apex App along with the port number. You can find your port number through the Apex Network setup page or through the display under network settings. In the Apex App configuration screen, use the Dynamic DNS address in the "Host" field and put your Apex port information under "Port".

The DynDns host address will look something like yourapex.dyndns.net or yourapex.homeip.net

It can vary depending on what domain you chose when you set up your account.

If you are only going to use the app from inside your home, you would use the Apex IP address under host and the Apex port number under port. Just keep in mind that you will not be able to connect to your Apex via the app from outside your home network.

Holyreefer
11/14/2014, 09:50 AM
I assume you already had port forwarding setup as well as a DynDns account to manage dynamic DNS. If so, you will need to use your dyndns url/web address in the Apex App along with the port number. You can find your port number through the Apex Network setup page or through the display under network settings. In the Apex App configuration screen, use the Dynamic DNS address in the "Host" field and put your Apex port information under "Port".

The DynDns host address will look something like yourapex.dyndns.net or yourapex.homeip.net

It can vary depending on what domain you chose when you set up your account.

If you are only going to use the app from inside your home, you would use the Apex IP address under host and the Apex port number under port. Just keep in mind that you will not be able to connect to your Apex via the app from outside your home network.

I am not tech savy AT ALL.
Ok let me ask you this, i originally had paid someone to come setup the service from the apex to the network.
When he setup the connection for my iphone he just had me use a differnt IP address for iphone login. (we never setup a DYNDNS host account)

is there anyway for me to find and just use this instead?
On the iphone app i had 2 different tank logins
(1 for inside the house and 1 for outside the house)
Can i use that again?

Currently my iphone app reads
Host- 98.144.16.122:8081
Port- 81
network time out- 60
days rentention-7

but it wont connect...