PDA

View Full Version : Can someone ID this is it a pest

antole
11/14/2014, 09:12 PM
Not sure if this is bad just found in my frag tank

AS
11/14/2014, 09:24 PM
Red flatworms - Red Planaria

You may be over feeding! They come in on frags or rocks. You can use Coral dip solutions to kill the worm, but not the eggs. (outside the tank of course). If you kill the worms, they are toxic. Search the forums plenty of info out their.

antole
11/14/2014, 09:30 PM
I can't seem to find any in my display I think my wrasse eats them so I will clean frag tank well and dip all the frags again thanks

AS
11/14/2014, 09:35 PM
Siphon them out where you see them. some wrasses do eat them. Look at display with flashlight during middle of night. Easy to see in frag tank, harder to see on rocks until the multiply like crazy!

neuro
11/14/2014, 09:57 PM
i don't think they're red planaria. i think they're straight up flat worms.

Hentz
11/14/2014, 10:06 PM
Yes, Wrasse's and siphon them. Just by that small area, it looks like you've got quite a population in your tank!

toothman
11/15/2014, 04:57 AM
looks like red planaria, they are easy to chemically get rid of.

Salifert Flat worm exit will wipe them out in a day or two. When dosed most die with in minutes.

Note they do give off a toxin when they die, if there is a crazy amount of them you should try to siphon as many out as possible. Also a bit of new carbon will help, also filter sock to scavenge them, you can also just take a fine net and scoop out the floating flatworms. I do not think you should try to live with them, they can get all over the place.

antole
11/15/2014, 12:25 PM
I looked for about an hour last night and could not find a single one in my display so Im pretty sure they are just in the frag tank Im going to drain and clean today only have about 30 frags in now so I will dip all and keep a good eye out for more